Klipsch quartets, pair of kg2.2 for ht?

Shorthairedtornado

First of all welcome to the forum!

The Quartets are nice speakers, perfect for mains in a small to medium size room. The KG 2.2 pairs well and is good for either back surround or height speakers. The SW8 ii is probably the weakest link but in a small room it should suffice. What are you using to power the system?

Please let us know what you think once you have everything set up.

Tim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shorthairedtornado said:

Anyone else?

Quartets, excellent speakers.  KG 2.2's good speakers. SW8ii, well not so good.

IMO, mixing speakers from different Klipsch lines, vintages, can be done.  Different brands with different design philosophies, not the best plan.

Bill

Sortof hard to pass up for the seemingly good looking condition and price of $500., if you are in the market. 3 way fronts, 2 way rears, and a starter but matching sub. Looks like price right if as good as pic is showing. Not familiar with the B@W. Maybe priced to sell but, are grilles included and decent? Close call but, have seen Quartets from $3-$400 in decent condition. Electronics should all work another decider. Good Fortune!

More pics and look at rear passives on the Quartets for condition and labels present on speakers.

Ooops, looks like you need a center for HT. You are set for 2 channel stereo.

Lol, you are set with the Marantz as well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shorthairedtornado said:

Well do you think the quartets would put preform my bowers and Wilkins 602's?

It's not easy to AB Klipsch with other speakers. The efficiency difference is one problem. The other is the horn design has a different sound. If you AB them using their own power source where each can be dialed in to sound their best, then it might be a good AB. Some call the horn speaker too shouty. Dialed in. they're not. 

I have three Quartets as LCR across the front with four Klipsch Pro KPT-8001 for surrounds. Use is 100% home theater in a 2800 cubic foot sealed dedicated room. Subs are two Seaton Sound Submersive F2s.  

I absolutely love the Quartets and the three way design for home theater. They replaced some other 2 way high efficiency horn loaded speakers for LCR and are very crisp without being shrill.  I would never go back to non high efficiency speakers for home theater.