My klipsch Subwoofer wont turn on

Robertokodi

Hi guys , 

i hope someone,can help me out with the following issue .

I have a pioneer receiver Vsx 920 , so nothing special there.

I just bought a new Klipsch R-10 SW woofer , and i ran the MCACC to let pioneer fine tune the speakers and new woofer . 

i have had the adjust knob at the back set to LFE and woofer gain at 40% as seen on picture below.

I have set the the "on switch" to "Auto" 

And let it run..... he detects my speakers , detects the woofer and al well .

After running everything and pioneer is ready with the "fine tuning" 

Then i start to watch tv and i wait..... but the subwoofer wont turn on automatically .

then i start up spotify ...no woofer... a movie.....no woofer

I have to keep switching the on and off switch to make use of its woofer .

I thought maybe its the wrong cable?   

So i bought a new cable .. Oehlbach Nf subwoofer cable.  still nothing , so i bought another cable of Monster subwoofer 400 sw cable. 

still nothing... 

I ran the MCACC again... checked the setting...i thought , maybe the volume was to low on the woofer. 

i noticed it was set to -10 DB ... so i switched it up to 0 DB , but stil no luck. 

I did a Hard reset on my reciever...and once again let MCACC run its course.... no luck

Now im ran out of ideas, what to do....to make it work on auto setting.... 

20642252_1487607181321383_1687297211_o.thumb.jpg.16aed1e95c5c051f13245b0e7a915342.jpg

20773408_1492207950861306_495654041_o.jpg

1289922222.jpg

• Moderators

Was looking on my phone but now on a computer I see a potential issue.  You have your sub connected to only 1 of the 2 line in cables.  Some subs require you to have both connected, even though it's only a mono signal (I've never understood why they have stereo inputs on a mono speaker).

g119iLJRY2F-F.jpg

6 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Assuming you plugged in the subwoofer?☺

Try the power switch on ON instead of auto.  The signal from the avr to the sub may not be enough to kick it on which could be an issue w the avr or the sub...likely the sub

if i switch it to ON,  everything works perfect...  but i don't want to have to turn on the woofer , every single time , when i use it. 

i just want it to work accordingly , and that it switches on...like it meant to be....  ^_^

Edited by Robertokodi

15 minutes ago, Youthman said:

If you do not have a Y adapter, move the sub cable to the R (Right) input and see if the receiver will send enough signal to the sub to get it to come on when set to Auto.

i have ordered the Y adapter per express , i have it in tomorrow .

Thanks in advance and very fast response for this tip.....  i hope this does the trick 

Keep you guys posted...  and more suggestion are welcome ofcourse  ! 

Edited by Robertokodi

1 hour ago, RoboKlipsch said:

leave it ON all the time it is not an issue.

even when auto works it still sometimes shuts off at the wrong time

I was thinking  the same thing....but if i leave it ON at night...  

The woofer sometimes makes soft rumbeling noises , and that drives my cat crazy at night ^_^

Edit : Just plugged in the splitter.... turn the volume up  on reciever /woofer  but stil no sound automatically .

After 100 euro extra expenses of bought extra cables... and many hours of trail and error , i give up.
It wil only work when turned ON ....   i think i have a klipsch woofer , that is damaged or something.

I have the woofer only for 3½ months , so it stil is under warranty..  

Let see , what my re-seller is gonna do with this matter .... 

20813507_1493932610688840_543836047_o.jpg

Edited by Robertokodi
adittional info

57 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Sounds like your sub has issues.  It shouldn't make any noise if no signal is going to it.

It may, or it could be a ground loop.  That description is EXACTLY what a ground loop sounds like.

Sub amps left on that are connected to other devices that are not grounded the same will create that ground loop.

I have them in both theaters, and both were overcome with ground loop isolators placed just before the cable boxes input.

So the gist is it could be the sub or it could be how you set it up.  I tend to think that the setup itself is causing all the issues, the ground loop and then something with the AVR where the signal sent is plenty to get the signal to the sub but not enough to trip the auto on feature.  Just my guess.  I would say the easiest way to test that sub is to take it to another system and plug it in, perhaps at a friends house which will tell you the story quickly.  Sorry for the frustration, it is rarely a cord issue.  

1 hour ago, RoboKlipsch said:

It may, or it could be a ground loop.  That description is EXACTLY what a ground loop sounds like.

Sub amps left on that are connected to other devices that are not grounded the same will create that ground loop.

I have them in both theaters, and both were overcome with ground loop isolators placed just before the cable boxes input.

So the gist is it could be the sub or it could be how you set it up.  I tend to think that the setup itself is causing all the issues, the ground loop and then something with the AVR where the signal sent is plenty to get the signal to the sub but not enough to trip the auto on feature.  Just my guess.  I would say the easiest way to test that sub is to take it to another system and plug it in, perhaps at a friends house which will tell you the story quickly.  Sorry for the frustration, it is rarely a cord issue.  

What would you suggest ?  to buy a isolater ?  or plug the sub in to another socket? 

I now have the sub stuck into a extension cord , that is extended in another one.  But there for , i never had any issues.

I had a JBL woofer and after that a Pioneer...and they worked fine... with out any strange noises . 

Hope i formulate it good, and make it understandable . English is not my native language  . Dutch is lol 

17 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

i agree my suggestion was try the sub at a friends...if problems persist its the sub

i did another little test, on a other suggestion i got , from a other forum.

I connect my ipad to the woofer directly, through Jack to Rca cable and played spotify... and the woofer turned on , on AUTO 

So it gets even more peculiarpeculiar

• 2 years later...