RF-83, RC-64, & RS62 (LIKE NEW) for $1200 in Palm Harbor, FL

Youthman

• Moderators

I've been texting this guy.  Said he would take $1200.  Seems pretty straight up.  Absolute killer instant system for $1200.  I'm about 1hr away if anyone is seriously interested and would like me to go look at them or even pick them up and hold till you can come get them.  He bought the system from Sound Advice and was planning to build a home theater but moved to a smaller home.  Link to Ad

• Like 3

Wow Youthman, that is pretty nice to let people know!!

This is my first posting here, but I've been doing much research.  I actually live close by in Bartow!!

I had seen this ad before myself, and thought it was a great deal, but they're black.  I don't know if the ad ever showed when the speakers were made.

Also, one thing I've wondered about during the Craigslist searches is the lifespan of these speakers, as many are 7 - 10 years old, is it really worth it then if half their life is gone?  Or will they last decades without problems?

Incredible price for a complete 5.0 Klipsch system!  :o  I would value those RF-83s in new condition at least $900.

The only thing I questioned is the center model which is listed as an RC-64.  Nearly new it would likely be the -II.

3 minutes ago, ksquared said:

Wow Youthman, that is pretty nice to let people know!!

This is my first posting here, but I've been doing much research.  I actually live close by in Bartow!!

I had seen this ad before myself, and thought it was a great deal, but they're black.  I don't know if the ad ever showed when the speakers were made.

Also, one thing I've wondered about during the Craigslist searches is the lifespan of these speakers, as many are 7 - 10 years old, is it really worth it then if half their life is gone?  Or will they last decades without problems?

They will be fine for a while.  I recommend getting them.  Excellent price and you can enjoy them until you find a pair if cherry.

Unlike the RF-7ii, the RF-83 cherry and black look identical from the front (with and without grills). 

I have sold RF-83 for about this much, so the center and surrounds are basically free.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ksquared said:

Ten year-old Klipsch speakers will play like new ones.  There are no known issues with the speakers listed.

I'd grab those in a heartbeat, then sell off whatever else I had to pay them off.  Those are all top of the line Klipsch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Incredible price for a complete 5.0 Klipsch system!  :o  I would value those RF-83s in new condition at least $900.

The only thing I questioned is the center model which is listed as an RC-64.  Nearly new it would likely be the -II.

The RC-64 is the matching center for the RF-83/63.  The RC-64ii is the matching for the RF-7ii.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ksquared said:

That's the other thing I worry about as a newbie, is the price too good?

Don't analyze too much.  At that price, either the $1200 they will be gone and those kind of deals don't come up often, and when they do they go fast.

If you have the cash, go get them.  If you don't like them you can EASILY get your money back out of them, and then some.

Check with @Youthman on that $1200 price and lock those babies in!

30 minutes ago, ksquared said:

No worries at all there.  Many on this forum have speakers that are 30, 40 years old and older.

The Reference IV speakers in the ad are only teenagers about now.  Plenty of "life" left.  My RF-63's are 11 years old and look(and sound) like they were just produced.

The price is excellent for the caliber of speakers you would be getting.

Bill

34 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The 64 in the photo is an RC-64 version 1.  Version 2 has veneer on front baffle.

Bill

• Like 2

• Moderators

Keith, no worries on the age of the speakers. I, like Bill, actually had that very system and they sounded absolutely fantastic you don't have to worry about them crapping out on you in a year .   As far as price is concerned, there is no such deal is too good to be true at least living here in Florida .  I picked up this RF7ii system a few years ago for $2000.  Feel free to give me a call. I sent you a PM with my cell number

IMG_0175.JPG

• Like 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

Price now says $1350, which is still a bargain.

Yes the price is $1350 but I asked him today what's the lowest he would sell them for and he told me $1200.  Wife is pushing him to sell them.

• Like 1

Very kind offer Youthman. I know freight would kill me otherwise I would ask about shipping these to me. What an awesome HTIB! It is true, there sure seem to be amazing values in Florida...sucks I am in Michigan!

Like Dave said, I hope someone here gets to enjoy that deal.

Tim

• Like 1

• Moderators

@ksquared is about 45 min from me and 1hr 45min from the seller.  He sent me a PM with some concerns and questions.  This will be his first system so he wants to make sure he is doing it right.  He's concerned about age plus he really would like to have cherry.   I'll let some of you guys offer your advice as well without telling you what I told him to see if your advice and mine line up.

I'll let some of you guys offer your advice as well without telling you what I told him to see if your advice and mine line up.

I'm glad @ksquaredhas you for a consultant @Youthman.  He is getting the very best advice.

My advice would be for him to spend the $1200 for the 5.0 for two reasons.

One, he would be able to see if he really likes the sound of this RF-83 based setup.

Two, if he has his heart set on a cherry finish, he should still make the purchase then re-sell it for at least $2000 to $2500  which would fund his setup in cherry.

Most of my speakers are black.  I like black because they blend into the background leaving me focusing visually on the TV and the sound blends seamlessly from the entire front soundstage without the speakers calling attention to themselves.