K-42-K vs Eminence Delta Pro

Dave A

OK I find I have a need for five K-42 woofers. Klipsch quotes for retail customers is $194.80 each plus shipping. The Eminence Delta Pro   Eminence Delta Pro 12-450-4 4 ohm speaker. The Eminence Delta Pro 12-450-4 is a 12" 4 ohm speaker. The Delta Pro-12-450-4 speakers available here.  is $109 each plus shipping. Is there any reason not to use the Eminence? If I were to get these old K-42's re coned does anyone have an outfit they use that can restore to exact factory Klipsch specs? 

Hi John,

JAMS?  When I last spoke to him he was moving, too busy and recommended the guy who is sitting on my money and K-42 core.  Since re-coning is turning out to be such a chore and results not optimal I have ordered two sets of Eminence woofers. By the time the dust settles I have something right away, price is at worst no higher and in this case cheaper. Mailing two ways and then paying the East Nashville dude would end up running me about $135.00 and the new Eminence I went with is $125.00 each. I would prefer getting the original K-42's re-coned but I have no good answer yet.