RF-7 II vs RP-280F vs RF-7 III Appearance Comparison

Youthman

Funny but my choice from the photos is the RP-280F.  I like the "KLIPSCH" under the horn.  I also like the feet of the RF-7II but would like the front feet to protrude to the sides like the rear feet.  I also wish the front baffle on the RF-7III was wood.

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderators

I too like the look of the Klipsch under the horn for those of us that like to keep them naked.  I like the feet better too but think if the front has side extending feet, it would look weird.  A lot of people agree that the front baffle not being real wood is a bummer.  One thing I do like is how the magnets are embedded behind the front baffle.  Definitely adds a clean look to the front when the grills are removed.  I wonder how well it stays "centered" on the front.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I like the big horn on the llls. 

The woofers on the ll look bigger than the llls.

Keep in mind, these are taken from three different photos so they are not sized to scale.  Not to mention the RF-7iii is at a slight angle compared to the straight on photo of the RF-7 II.  Guess we won't know exact dimensions of the horn and size of cabinet until they are released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thisgsx said:

What are the improvements on the III? It's too early, but if anyone heard these, how do they compare to La Scala I's?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

you cannot compare a dual ten direct radiator reflex cabinet to a horn loaded fifteen. Obviously if you want some bass the RF is the way to go if you want dynamics, level and ultra low distortion within its bandwidth the LaScala is the run away winner you don't even have to listen to know the outcome. The RF7 lll has a larger horn that means in all likelihood a somewhat lower crossover point and the ability to hold polar control to a slightly lower frequency than with previous models which used slightly smaller horns. So far Mklll crossovers have been more modern and complex and have provided smoother and better behaved performance over previous models I would expect that to be the case here. The new RF7 is going to be a better loudspeaker than the RF7 ll but it is not a challenge to a LaScala they are totally different animals.

• Like 2

RF-7 II Is gorgeous in cherry and walnut, but I would get an RF-7 III and veneer it all including the front with an exotic wood. Though the edges of the front baffle make things difficult to veneer.  Maybe some special editions will be released in the future.

I have to go with the RF-7 II as well. I definitely love the wood veneer look more but I understand why Klipsch went away from it with the III. It basically makes the 7 look like a bigger version of the other speakers. Look consistency in the line. I'm actually torn over the feet. I like the feet on the II but for some reason it seems like the feet in the reference premier line are more subdued and exude a little more elegance. Idk maybe that's just me. I am very curious to hear the new 7s tho. I still own my 7 IIs and still love them. Maybe I'll be able to catch another pair on sale when they get ready to close them out. Then I can replace my RF-82 rears and have 7s all the way around (other than my center). Is there a release date for the IIIs yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1