Return to RF-63 Speakers

cjmustang69

I have owned several Klipsch models over the past 6-7 years, all of which I enjoyed.  Recently, I decided It was time to "downsize" my Cornwalls and replace them with a "slimmer" and "lighter" pair of speakers.  Ideally, they would be replaced with another pair of Klipsch, but I knew from experience, the only model I felt would meet my requirements, (size and performance) would be a pair of RF-63 speakers. I had owned a pair of these, in Cherry, several years ago. I enjoyed them, but sold them to buy a pair of RF-7 Series II speakers several years back.  As luck would have it, the day after I sold my Cornwalls, a mint pair of Cherry RF-63 speakers was listed on CL about 2 hours from my home.  I made offer for them - which was accepted.  I just brought them home today.  Initially I have them hooked up to my Scott integrated amp. Will drive them with a McIntosh amp/preamp in future.  Looking forward to getting reacquainted with these speakers again.

IMG_1146.JPG

• Like 5

Great find and welcome back to the RF-63 fold.  

1 hour ago, cjmustang69 said:

Looking forward to getting reacquainted with these speakers again.

I hope I never have to get "reacquainted" with my cherry 63's.  I have owned mine since May 08 and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute with them.  IMO, they really are that good.

Bill

• Like 1

I think the model that caught my eye is the rf-83? It looked like those but with four woofers. I have yet to hear them, but I know a lot of folks consider them more refined or less forward than the RF7ii. Anyway, yours look great and maybe the 83's would be overkill in my HT.

29 minutes ago, unclefred said:

I think the model that caught my eye is the rf-83? It looked like those but with four woofers.

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

Anyway, think we are talking 3 woofers, think 10 inch.

Yes 3 woofers but 8".  Get it "83" = 8" x 3.

Bill

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Bet the 83's would be killer in your HT. They come recommended by some folk here. Anyway, think we are talking 3 woofers, think 10 inch.

Enjoy!

2 minutes ago, willland said:

Yes 3 woofers but 8".  Get it "83" = 8" x 3.

Bill

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure I had that right.

• Like 1

Beautiful speakers! Some day I'd like to be able to try out the 63 / 83's but just cant accommodate the depth of those right now in my current space. I really do like my RF-5's and think of them as very close equivalents to the forte II's I had recently and actually prefer them over the RF-7 II's in my space. With the 63's having a higher quality compression driver than my RF-5's I bet they sound sweet! Congrats!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, billybob said:

^^^Those Chorus should happen along soon for you I hope. Good fortune!

Thanks man, hope so!

I did see a pair in Oak Oil, original owner with paperwork in mint condition about a week ago for $600 locally. It was posted late evening after I went to bed and I seen it about 4am before work and I sent an email expressing extreme interest but received no reply and the listing was gone when I got home around 5pm. :( Hoping for Walnut anyway but at this point not too picky as I'm creeping up on 2 years searching for any kind of deal.. 

• Like 1

Just a post to update my RF-63 system.  I've brought my McIntosh (MC-2105 amp and C-22 preamp) over to drive them.  I hooked System up yesterday and initially ran into ground fault issue.  After several hours of searching - I discovered an electronic air filter (plugged into a totally different outlet) was source of fault.  Once I disconnected air filter - system played fine.  I'm extremely happy with how the system sounds.  

IMG_1106.JPG