Do SVS subs ever go on sale?

AccessDenied

I'm not expecting any specific answers here, just a general inquiry if members here are aware of SVS sales, such as BlackFriday/Holiday sales...?

I'm looking to buy the PB-1000, I realize for some people here $500 is pocket change and they'd say, "Just buy the thing already!".

But for me, that's a considerable purchase and if I could wait a few months and save $100 or so it's something to think about.

I figure it's a company that kinda sticks to it's prices?

I know there is an outlet section, but the PB-1000 rarely is for sale in there, which is a good sign in my opinion.

So, is anyone aware of SVS sales on their own site?
I say that because I know they will go up on sale in B&M stores near me, but that voids the Bill of Rights that SVS provides.

I want that 45-day trial, and the 1 year trade in offer, and the 5 year warranty.

SVS reps tell me none of that applies (perhaps the 5 year warranty is still valid) if I purchase from a retailer. They set their own policies and don't have to adhere to anything SVS suggests.

Thanks all!

They do have "specials" I don't recall when, you can call them.

In addition, they offer discounts on returned subs and slightly touched. In fact that is how I was able to afford my Ultra SB-13.

Check their website and call, they are very helpful, in my opinion: go beyond the call in assisting you. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As a matter of principle, the ID sub makers do not have discounts, as added costs aren't built into their products which department store brands would have to give. 

That said, SVS's prices are too high IMHO, as other ID sub makers have more sub for the dollar in almost all cases.

2 hours ago, ATLAudio said:

That said, SVS's prices are too high IMHO, as other ID sub makers have more sub for the dollar in almost all cases.

SVS was much cheaper when they first went into business.  It seems the more successful (bigger) they got as a company, the higher the prices went.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

SVS was much cheaper when they first went into business.  It seems the more successful (bigger) they got as a company, the higher the prices went.

I believe they aren't really an ID sub maker anymore for this reason. I don't see the wholesale direct bargain. 

• Like 1

Svs has a scratch and dent section where they take anywhere from $100-$500 off an item you still get the return and 5 five year warranty's on it. They show a picture of the exact item and the information of what is wrong with it and it's always just blemishes or a little ding or dent on the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Not to mention they went from a product made here to China made trash for most profitability.

1 hour ago, jason str said:

Not to mention they went from a product made here to China made trash for most profitability.

Jason,

I know you are kind of a "subwoofer guru" especially of the horn kind but from my experience these "newer" SVS subs are not trash.  Mfr'd in China yes but not trash.

Bill

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, willland said:

Jason,

I know you are kind of a "subwoofer guru" especially of the horn kind but from my experience these "newer" SVS subs are not trash.  Mfr'd in China yes but not trash.

Bill

Personally i will go out of my way not to support communism, slave labor or the company's who support these types of things but that is just me. Sometimes there is no choice but to buy these types of products, i understand nobody wants to spend more than they have to but just consider the consequences if we continue on this path.

By the way i build direct radiating model subs probably 20 to 1 over horns but that's another story for another time.

2 minutes ago, jason str said:

Personally i will go out of my way not to support communism, slave labor or the company's who support these types of things but that is just me. Sometimes there is no choice but to buy these types of products, i understand nobody wants to spend more than they have to but just consider the consequences if we continue on this path.

By no means was I trying to start some type of debate.  I understand your point of view on the subject and respect that and agree to some extent.  Just did not want my "China made trash" SVS sub to be jinxed.;):D

4 minutes ago, jason str said:

By the way i build direct radiating model subs probably 20 to 1 over horns but that's another story for another time.

Sorry, I "assumed" wrong.  I know you are a fan of horn loaded subs and speak often and highly of them.

Bill

2 minutes ago, willland said:

By no means was I trying to start some type of debate.  I understand your point of view on the subject and respect that and agree to some extent.  Just did not want my "China made trash" SVS sub to be jinxed.;):D

Sorry, I "assumed" wrong.  I know you are a fan of horn loaded subs and speak often and highly of them.

Bill

No harm, no foul.

I explain the benefits of horn loading to most customers as well but in the end its their money and i need to make a living somehow.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 2:21 PM, CECAA850 said:

They're not in stores are they?

I'm actually an SVS dealer.  So yeah, there's just not that many of us outside of big semi-high end chain stores (Magnolia).  They are pretty adamant about keeping prices up, which is a good thing.  Otherwise you'd see four dozen ads on eBay with 50% off sales because a box was a little beat up.  

On 8/16/2017 at 4:39 PM, jason str said:

Personally i will go out of my way not to support communism, slave labor or the company's who support these types of things but that is just me.

Yet you're a fan of Chinese made Dayton drivers, use Chinese made Dayton amps, and use Chinese made MiniDSP's, no?  What's the difference?  

35 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Yet you're a fan of Chinese made Dayton drivers, use Chinese made Dayton amps, and use Chinese made MiniDSP's, no?  What's the difference?  

Dayton makes good stuff, not one comeback yet.

Feel free to look for American made DSP products for us to look into.

On 8/14/2017 at 1:32 PM, AccessDenied said:

I'm looking to buy the PB-1000, I realize for some people here $500 is pocket change and they'd say, "Just buy the thing already!".

But for me, that's a considerable purchase and if I could wait a few months and save $100 or so it's something to think about.

Would you consider a DIY sub?  They are easy to put together, you save money and they are a great bang-for-buck.

If so go to Parts-express and search for reference 15, and Yung 500SD-6, total $506.  The performance of a 15" sub w/500 watt amp will blow any 10" sub into the weeds.  I have both.

Many of us here have DIY subs and I would only suggest a DIY because I don't consider it a competitor to Klipsch which offers furniture grade finish, a warranty and full support.  Feel free to contact me via PM if you have any questions.