Trouble with rebuilt Network

Brac

So 5 years ago, I did up 2 sets of networks, 3 of the 4 worked just as they should. I of course checked and rechecked all connections, and it is built correctly. This one should be in my loaner La Scalas that have done many a friends wedding, but for 5 years I have just looked at it spitefully. I have a fluke 87 is it possible to trouble shoot one of these without a scope? 

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

Hi Brac,

I compared the drawing with the picture and everything looks like its going where it should. Did you try any resistance checks on it? 1 to 3, 1 to 5, 1 to 7, and 2 to 4 should be zero ohms. Try comparing resistance readings on the bad crossover to the good one. I've installed terminals (in a hurry at work) where I crimped over the wire insulation and didn't get a connection. At home I strip the wire, flux it and the inside of the connector, crimp with a MIL-Std crimping tool, then solder the connector.

How's that Academy sounding? I wear the Klipsch shirt you sent me occasionally. Last year I moved from Colo Springs to Little Rock, 74 miles from Bob Crites and 115 miles from Hope, though I have yet to visit either. 

Let us know what you find on the crossover.

On 8/17/2017 at 5:09 PM, Brac said:

So 5 years ago, I did up 2 sets of networks, 3 of the 4 worked just as they should. I of course checked and rechecked all connections, and it is built correctly. This one should be in my loaner La Scalas that have done many a friends wedding, but for 5 years I have just looked at it spitefully. I have a fluke 87 is it possible to trouble shoot one of these without a scope? 

You are not saying what is wrong with the network.  Is it on the woofer, mid, or treble.  Each circuit can be individual and isolated out.  Which portion of the circuit is it on and have you replaced the components on that circuit as there are only a couple?  Very simple circuits.

You could get a woofer tester, hook dummy loads on the speaker terminals and see what is happening.

I prefer to run the tweeter filters in parallel to the squawker filters.  That would not cause the network not to work.  Your design should be functional, if the components are all good. 

I'd say you have an open in a cap, or the squawker transformer.  Your Fluke will test capacitance, have you checked them all?  You will have to disconnect some parts for a good test. 

Why is your woofer low-pass inductor so small?  It equates to an 800 Hz low-pass.  While the Squawker's 48 uF high-pass equates to about 400 Hz.  Does that make voices, esp. female voices sound heavy or tubby?