R-12SW + R-15PM

bris

Hi, I recently got hold of a R-12SW to go with my R-15PM. So my sub is connected to the speaker with RCA/LFE.

My question is regarding the setup of the sub to work in harmony with the R-15PM and I don't quite understand the Low-pass. Someone told me to just put it at max(labeled LFE), but couldn't explain any reason behind this suggestion.

Does anyone have experience with setting up a sub like this together with my speakers ? I have a really hard time finding the right setting.

Edited by bris

9 hours ago, bris said:

Hi, I recently got hold of a R-12SW to go with my R-15PM. So my sub is connected to the speaker with RCA/LFE.

My question is regarding the setup of the sub to work in harmony with the R-15PM and I don't quite understand the Low-pass. Someone told me to just put it at max(labeled LFE), but couldn't explain any reason behind this suggestion.

Does anyone have experience with setting up a sub like this together with my speakers ? I have a really hard time finding the right setting.

The R-15PM go down to around 65 Hz so you should set the the low pass dial around the 9-10 o'clock position so that the sub handles everything under 65 Hz. You could set the dial a little higher than that if you wanted--it's often recommended you that you set it around 90 Hz for bookshelf speakers which would be around the 11-12 position--but since the R-15PM don't offer any crossover controls you'll be overlapping the frequencies a bit.

Edited by KitNorrie