TUBA HT

1HOHDude

Anyone with TUBA HT experience?   I am assembling a TUBA HT in the 24 inch version.    Anyone with know how on the TUBA?

I know how to listen to it. Fricken awesome subs.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

The first 2 questions should be answered in the plans.  I don't understand the 3rd. 

The length of the horn means that the sound of the bass driver won't reach your ears at the same time as your mains.  Sometimes putting the sub out phase with your mains makes it blend a little better.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the response.   Since your note I have experimented with my existing sub and was unable to hear any significant difference when I flipped the phase switch back and forth.  

I do not have plans that provide any insight into the use.

1]   Will the height off the ground make a significant change in the dispersion?    As designed the opening is at floor level.  However by placing the unit upside down the opening is 2 feet off the floor.  Will this have any meaningful effect on the effects?

2]  With my current sub I find I get the best effect by placing the speaker about 18 inches from a corner facing into the corner.    I am wondering if this same effect will work with the HT.

3]   Another possibility is to make the appropriate sized hole in the wall and put the unit in the adjoining attic.    I am wondering if the opening will act as an additional extension to the horn and if so what effect?

3 hours ago, 1HOHDude said:

Thanks for the response.   Since your note I have experimented with my existing sub and was unable to hear any significant difference when I flipped the phase switch back and forth.  

I do not have plans that provide any insight into the use.

1]   Will the height off the ground make a significant change in the dispersion?    As designed the opening is at floor level.  However by placing the unit upside down the opening is 2 feet off the floor.  Will this have any meaningful effect on the effects?

2]  With my current sub I find I get the best effect by placing the speaker about 18 inches from a corner facing into the corner.    I am wondering if this same effect will work with the HT.

3]   Another possibility is to make the appropriate sized hole in the wall and put the unit in the adjoining attic.    I am wondering if the opening will act as an additional extension to the horn and if so what effect?

Read the plans and your questions and much more will be answered.

As for the attic hole question, i highly doubt it will do much at all.

• Like 1

If there were originally detailed instructions of some kind I do not have them.    Unfortunately my plans seem to be limited to drawings basically showing general dimensions and a couple of pictures of the unit after it was originally assembled.

Seems to me that the area passing through the wall will simply add about 4 inches to the horn and perhaps lower its resonant frequency by a cycle or two which I agree will not be noticeable.  

Thanks for the info.