USS Indianapolis Found

Ceptorman

the navy should install some sort of device to alert them should the wreckage ever be moved. The Chinese have already desecrated several WWll vessles for cheap scrap iron in the recent past. Not their navy or sailors, they don't and never gave a crap but we already knew that. That's a lot of free steel and other valuable scrap metals and copper wire. These people are not our friends or our allies they are simply people who do business and who are willing to put up with us to take our money past that there never was anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/08/asia/world-war-two-ships-battle-of-java-sea/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/16/asia/indonesia-ww2-ship-wrecks-disappear/

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/239699-world-war-ii-warships-submarines-stolen-off-ocean-floor

• Like 2

Started to  post this myself Ceptorman. Glad you did. I say, rest in peace. A very

historic moment in WWII. That actor in Jaws had

played a soldier and other roles as an actor. He

most assuredly is best known for his role in the movie.

Know his name but, always escapes me. No reflection

on him though. Thanks!

EDit: Robert Shaw

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

My wife and I suffered through the 2016  Nicholas Cage film about the Indianapolis. It certainly didn't do justice to the story or men involved.

Bruce

I heard it had terrible reviews. My nephew saw it and loved it. It's on Netfix, so maybe I'll give it a try.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I always liked that tough dude.

JJK

That scene always gives me chills.

20 minutes ago, billybob said:

Started to  post this myself Ceptorman. Glad you did. I say, rest in peace. A very

historic moment in WWII. That actor in Jaws had

played a soldier and other roles as an actor. He

most assuredly is best known for his role in the movie.

Know his name but, always escapes me. No reflection

on him though. Thanks!

EDit: Robert Shaw

He was perfect for that role. Great actor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

It's hard to imagine that scrapping ships from the bottom of the ocean is profitable!

I am sure that the process is not inexpensive but it is obviously cost effective seeing how many cases there are. Don't forget China bought all the steel from the twin towers and transporting that steel on barges all the way to china was not cheap to do.

• Like 1

The amount of steel in a Cruiser is enormous. Eight inch thick solid steel barbettes around each gun mount all the way down to the bottom, eight in thick solid steel from the waterline on down. Battleships are 12 " thick. The steel thickness usually matches the diameter of the guns. I might be off a bit but it is close.

JJK

• Like 2