New Sony OLED

CHASLS2

:thumbs up:

Still biding my time... November is right around the corner. C7 pricey my seems to have firmed up lately with no drastic reductions recently. 2600-2700 shipped seems to be the norm... 

Sharp re-enters the picture with an 8k set very soon also.

• 2 weeks later...

See now... when I see that, I get somewhat skeptical.

35125760452_8c8a75566f_k.jpg

1080p plasma playing thru an Oppo203.

I do love greater resolution but for me the more important aspect is dynamic range.

I am not trying to argue that plasma is as good as oled, I am just worried that plasma might be good enough... for now. I can see a great improvement in image quality with the 203 in combination with 4k/hrd content.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 8:26 AM, Schu said:

HD-4K-8K-768x512.jpg

Nice try, but it still looks like suspiciously like 1440x900 on my end. Even the 8K stuff. :emotion-55:

We're holding out for the Panasonic OLEDs. Hands down. Pretty ballsy when the Japanese can confidently tell the manufacturer of the panel (LG) that they can drive it better than they can. Didn't figure it'd be more than 5 years past our original mark though.....stupid curved screens and all. Been waiting 20 years for this.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, Schu said:

Thank that's ballsy... Sharp is going to release an 8k monitor soon.

Folks expect great things from the Panasonic software driving the LG oled panel. I heard it's already for sale in Canada.

Wonder what those will start off at?  I bet quite a pretty penny.

I am still using my Panasonic VT series plasma, which I still think looks great.  I have a smaller Hisense 50" that we got when we got our new mattress, and it's pretty good, but I like my Panny picture better, even though its 1080p.  I know Hisense is not the Cadillac of brands obviously. 

Some of the pictures on the new 4 K almost look too hyper realistic if that's a phrase that makes sense.  It doesn't quite look real world.  Where as my Panny plasma looks more warm and normal to me, and is very detailed to me.

So I haven't made the jump to 4K on my main TV I watch most of the time.

22 hours ago, nitrofan said:

I'm confused, how can you use a tv without removing it from the box? 

Not really. But i don't know how else to say it since i bought it off a person that got it from Sony.  So it was new in the box, but never used.  But i got it 2nd hand.

Hooked up the Sammy 8500 UHD player and looked at Planet earth 2 and i don't wanna ever see 1080p again.

Not really. But i don't know how else to say it since i bought it off a person that got it from Sony.  So it was new in the box, but never used.  But i got it 2nd hand.

Hooked up the Sammy 8500 UHD player and looked at Planet earth 2 and i don't wanna ever see 1080p again.

Should watch 13 hours in benghazi in 4k on it. Unreal..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk