Bi amping!

I have a doubt/question. I want to try and bi amp just to see if I can hear a difference. I'm going to use my extra channels on my Yamaha A1050. My receiver says "Extra SP" on the height/presence channels. Which I use for Atmos and DTS-X. I would like to keep those as they are. I want to use the surround or surround backs for this purpose, so my question is, is this ok? I can do away with the backs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did a small sound test. I kept one speaker without touching anything. On the other I bi amped it with the lows to the front and the high to the extra/front presence speakers as the guide suggest. So I listened in 2 ch and I disabled the sub to be able to hear them at full range. I do notice a difference in the high/mids. The normal speaker (280's)sounds louder on the highs. More piercing and direct. The bi amped sounds smoother on the highs(like the thx ks 525 surrounds) as if the sound was coming between the tweeter and mid woofer. I could actually put my ear very close to it and it sounded more opened. As the normal one hurt to get so close to it. In my opinion, there is an audible difference. The only thing is that I use those extra channels for movies. I don't think I can use the surrounds for this purpose since the manual doesn't say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk