SOLD KHorns/Belle

USNRET

So after lifting and toting the B&Ws in they were not my cup o'tea. BUT, I am not done just yet. I don't think I will ever get corners and while the enclosed backs work I can't help wondering but, if..
So, I am looking at a couple of ideas and for this reason the "I need to sale this week" is not as pressing since I passed on those Bowers things. I simply couldn't fit more in at the same time.

No, I will not separate.

Deal is being held for the one person that PM'ed that he would take them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

Your collector's have been enclosed in the back?

Yes, with 3/4 ply just to the grill; no width for falsies

I got an outstanding deal on the Khorns so I am able to pass it along if things come to fruition. I figured they would go at the listed price but I need to know before I pulled the trigger on anything.

3 hours ago, USNRET said:

VERY listening position sensitive. Center stage is about 1 inch wide. Room? I just might be horn sensitive since that is all I have used since 1990. Forte III? Cornwall III? Tripletts

OT but which B&Ws did you try? 

I never had the experience of such a small listening position with S800's or N801s.  My issue with B&Ws was that I used 700 wpc monoblocks.  When I started looking at dedicated circuits I decided to sell them.  They were also very heavy so going upstairs would never work.

If you like the B&Ws, try Palladiums.  Much less power required, the midrange is about the same and great bass. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, USNRET said:

So after lifting and toting the B&Ws in they were not my cup o'tea.

I'm not surprised, based on what I've read what others say about the B&W.  I have never heard a pair in action.

I didn't want to say anything because I did not want to rain on your parade, but obviously you have a critical ear and you know what sounds good and came to your own conclusion.   

45 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Sold

Glad the sale went through if that was your wish.  The Buyer got a heck of a deal for some really nice speakers.

+++

Does this sale now change things for you in terms of reconsidering the B&W speakers?  

If another deal is pending, please feel free to ignore my question, I'm just being nosy.  B) 

• Like 1

I'm not surprised a mid-level B&W floor stander couldn't compete with a center channeled KHorn. I heard the big 801/2/3 Diamonds, not sure which, retailing for around $15K driven by giant Mac monos and they sounded damn nice. But should have for a rig totally around $45K. Eye candy for sure and the fit/finish was spectacular. I'm pretty damn satisfied sitting here listening to my Big 'Ol' Jubes. Sound candy I suppose ---