SOLD KHorns/Belle

USNRET

It pretty much a varied depending upon where you were sitting or where you were standing in the room. The front row with sitting probably 10 feet from the speakers, the back row where I was standing could've been around 18 feet. I would say that they were placed approximately 12 feet apart and probably no more than 8 to 10 inches off-the-wall. Please someone correct me if you think I am way off.

• Moderators

I will chime in here and say I share the opinion of @CECAA850 and others. Roy definitely hit it out of the park with forte IIIs, no doubt about it. Very natural sounding, effortless, superior voicing, no listening fatigue.  You could definitely pick them out of a lineup in blind testing. 

30 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

It pretty much a varied depending upon where you were sitting or where you were standing in the room. The front row with sitting probably 10 feet from the speakers, the back row where I was standing could've been around 18 feet. I would say that they were placed approximately 12 feet apart and probably no more than 8 to 10 inches off-the-wall. Please someone correct me if you think I am way off.

I think you're close enough that any difference wouldn't make much difference. Sitting where they are shown, next to RF7ll, my wife and I preferred the F3 to the 7's. And like me she has heard and we owned all the Heritage, all Forte except lll so we have some background. To say we liked it above the KHorn would be a stretch. But yeah in the right room, right electronics they would be a formidable speaker. The problem Jim and you know where I speak, is after good steady doses of large format Heritage and add to that Jubes, a smaller speaker like the F3 cuts a different path. Tonally it was excellent and retained the Klipsch "house" sound. And I can say the same for Roy's first design with the Quartet. Sitting right next to Jubes, which looks kind of funny, and with same electronics its signature mimicked the Jubes remarkably well. The Chief just might be on to something ----

• Like 1

I have been listening to my f3s for about a month. they are my favorite speakers I've ever had. if I could only keep one set of my speakers, no question the f3s. I have upgraded belles x3 for lcr, chorus lls, kg5.5s, quartets, rf3s,.  thank you chief, your hard work is greatly appreciated.  forte 3s will never leave.

• Like 2

I am very surprised with these F3 statements here. I am going to have to re-think plan on getting RF7ii's.

I was going to get RF7ii's to replace my HT fronts, but they'll have their own stereo amp (with HT bypass). So my HT front will have double duty.

You guys are just complicating my life [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Sprogk said:

I am very surprised with these F3 statements here. I am going to have to re-think plan on getting RF7ii's.

You wouldn't be surprised if you heard them.

Complicate your life?  That's our job along with spending your money!

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Sprogk said:

I was going to get RF7ii's to replace my HT fronts, but they'll have their own stereo amp (with HT bypass). So my HT front will have double duty.

You guys are just complicating my life emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Klipsch Museum of Audio History had a pair of Forte IIIs for sale which we are combining with a Khorn Klub membership. All proceeds go to the museum. PM me if interested!!!