Peavey MB2 plan??

mightymax

Hello,

I am interested to build some Peavey MB-2 12inch midrange horn cabinet copies but I don't have a plan except the photo and the spec sheet from Peavey that has only the outside dimensions.

Is there someone that has the plan of this cabinet to help me??

Thank you,

Stavros

I have drawing but on a drive I cannot access. This is a simple design to copy you can see the approximate dimensions the front plenum is the same siv=ze as the outer edge of the woofer suspension the mounting plate is over sized. You have the outside physical dimensions from the Peavey data and the cabinet material is  either 5/8 or 3/4 inch material so you can scale this up on a piece of paper. The exact dimensions are not critical as this is to begin with not a horn but rather a crude wave guide, it is too short in length and the mouth too small to be critical in any way but as you can see it it works well enough and is still a popular sounding horn with lots still in use today. Hope this helps. Perhaps one of our members with an MB2 would be kind enough to post the dimension so an exact copy can be made but I assure a good approximation will do just as good a job. So far as I can recall the vertical walls of the plenum are parallel.

just so others reading have the same info as you do (to help make this thread more useful)

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/306486/Peavey-Mb-2.html

https://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/80301016.pdf

here is a video with a look inside

Thank you for your answer,

I have made a simple plan, I don't know if I understand correctly the design of this cabinet but maybe it will help others also.

The height is fixed for all the parts, so if someone has this cabinet and want to help more with some measurements..??

MB-2 plan.jpg