Quartet as center for Forte lls

37scoop

Right now I'm running an academy center between Forte lls and am curious about a quartet center given the mid horn is identical. Anyone with this set-up? Also, any serious sound issues and/or advice with the quartet on it's side as my center?  Thanks.

I have tried it in the short time I obtained a pair, before getting them to my dad's.  It was upright not on its side.  Except for another forte II, it is a great choice.  Being used as a center will negate any small compromises being placed on its side.  Go for it.

Thanks for the replies. I am driving a distance to check out a quartet at the end of the week so I'm trying to rationalize the road trip. He's the original owner and I'm hoping I wont be disappointed in the condition. Represented as in great shape. 

• Moderators

Don't be afraid to ask for multiple photos and be very specific and ask him if there any dents, dings in the drivers, scuffs in the cabinet etc. .  I have had my fair share of showing up thinking a pair of speakers were in "excellent condition "only to find creases in the woofers