Cancer and Klipsch?

Youthman

• Moderators

I was looking at the RB-61 II on Newegg and came across this warning:

WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including one or more listed chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

What in the world are they talking about?  What possible "chemicals" would be in speakers?  I guess it's a good thing I'm done having children.  I mean, maybe if you are Miley Cyrus and you go around licking your speakers I might could see the potential harm.  LOL

@Chad have you ever seen this?

2 minutes ago, Youthman said:

I was looking at the RB-61 II on Newegg and came across this warning:

What in the world are they talking about?  What possible "chemicals" would be in speakers?  I guess it's a good thing I'm done having children.  I mean, maybe if you are Miley Cyrus and you go around licking your speakers I might could see the potential harm.  LOL

@Chad have you ever seen this?

Everything is made up with chemicals. The stain, paint, glue in the MDF, even the protective packaging has chemicals in it. 

I wonder if this is some kind of protest against Klipsch, or has the warning been applied to other speaker companies. 

Every time I put gas in my weedeater I see a warning about this. 

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Oh come on.  Do you mean to tell me that you've never seen this "warning" on other products?  You could easily spend a week in any big box store documenting all of the products that display this text.

Exactly.

Robin Williams once said.... he was finished having children, so he only buys the cigs with the reproductive warning on them:D

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Oh come on.  Do you mean to tell me that you've never seen this "warning" on other products?  You could easily spend a week in any big box store documenting all of the products that display this text.

Actually no, I can't remember the last time I saw a warning on something normal like speakers.  LOL.  I completely understand if I eat stain, there is a good chance I might get cancer.  I just think it's dumb that they have to post a warning to consumers that a Klipsch product might be harmful to their health when they aren't consuming it. 

5 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Actually no, I can't remember the last time I saw a warning on something normal like speakers.  LOL.  I completely understand if I eat stain, there is a good chance I might get cancer.  I just think it's dumb that they have to post a warning to consumers that a Klipsch product might be harmful to their health when they aren't consuming it. 

Are you consuming the carpet in your home?  Most new carpet is very toxic, and most people have no clue.  Google it.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Are you consuming the carpet in your home?  Most new carpet is very toxic, and most people have no clue.  Google it.

No real desire to Google it as I'm not the type to spend my life paranoid over every possible thing that could kill me.  I have been dying since the day I was born and I'm ok with that.  I'm choose to live my life to the full as best as I can during the time I have on this earth.  Life is too short to live in fear. 

1 minute ago, Youthman said:

3 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

The warning is specifically for California!  

Oh my...I can't stop laughing at that.  I guess us Floridians have immunities that the Californians don't

I don't think that's it. My guess it has more to do with giving their folks more information to consider when purchasing a product. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't think that's it. My guess it has more to do with giving their folks more information to consider when purchasing a product. 

Humor me Zen.  My explanation sounds more fun.  LOL

• Like 1