Cancer and Klipsch?

Youthman

46 minutes ago, Youthman said:

I just think it's dumb that they have to post a warning to consumers that a Klipsch product might be harmful to their health when they aren't consuming it. 

I remember somebody winning a lawsuit with a ladder company because they fell off it.  Apparently there was no warning label.

This may help you in the future:

• Warning label on sleep aid Nytol, advertised as a “clinically proven night time sleep aid” — WARNING, MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS.

• Warning label on several makes of chainsaws — DANGER! DO NOT HOLD WRONG END OF CHAINSAW.

• Label on gas caps for personal recreational vehicles, e.g., jet skis and ATVs — NEVER USE A LIT MATCH OR OPEN FLAME TO CHECK FUEL LEVEL.

• Sassoon hair dryer — DO NOT USE WHILE SLEEPING.

• Blow torch gas bottle — CONTENTS MAY CATCH FIRE.

• Reflective cardboard sun shades for car dashboards • DO NOT DRIVE WITH SUN SHIELD IN PLACE.

• Craftsman power drill — POWER DRILL NOT INTENDED FOR DENTAL USE.

donotwash.jpg

• Like 1

My favorite example of a manufacturer covering himself is this warning in a S&W revolver instruction manual:

WARNING: THE REVOLVER WILL FIRE IF THE TRIGGER IS PULLED!

It makes you wonder... And, licking finishes on a speaker... yuck!

-

I wonder if Heritage speakers have only plywood - not as much urea resin glue to out-gas formaldehyde - and aren't covered by the CA warning? And - which tastes better... a Heresy or an RP-160M?

John

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

• Sassoon hair dryer — DO NOT USE WHILE SLEEPING.

You might think that is silly, but I personally know someone who runs a hair dryer to help her sleep.  I think it started back when she was quite young, when the old style cap over dryers were used.  No, it is definitely not recommended, and I think there have been some close calls with her.  As a psychology expert, you probably understand it better than I.

You don't need to consume it like i see in a few posts, just breathe the gases.

Its likely to be in many household products, i avoid using it myself.

Kitchen & bathroom cabinets, subfloors, furniture, deck & kids playsets ETC...

Avoid it if possible.

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You might think that is silly, but I personally know someone who runs a hair dryer to help her sleep.  I think it started back when she was quite young, when the old style cap over dryers were used.  No, it is definitely not recommended, and I think there have been some close calls with her.  As a psychology expert, you probably understand it better than I.

Convince her to use a toaster instead:P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Youthman said:

And why do they only have the warning on some Klipsch speakers?

They should have a warning...

Caution: Listening to these speakers may cause an incurable sensation to buy more speakers, fanatically checking Craigslist daily, may make your wife love or hate you more than she already does, join other fanatics on an audio forum, cause your kids to go to community college in lieu of the state university, erections lasting longer than 4 hours....... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

They should have a warning...

Caution: Listening to these speakers may cause an incurable sensation to buy more speakers, fanatically checking Craigslist daily, may make your wife love or hate you more than she already does, join other fanatics on an audio forum, cause your kids to go to community college in lieu of the state university, erections lasting longer than 4 hours....... :rolleyes:

That sums me up perfectly, except for the last 2 parts :D. Especially the Craigslist and wife parts. My wife used to hate when I upgraded my speakers, but now she appreciates the upgraded quality.

I have always wondered this myself.  I just went ahead and Googled it and it appears that there are roughly 800 chemicals that Cal designates Cancer causing.  Many manus with products involving them just blanket all their products with the info in fear that some may be sold in Cal that were not designated to be sold there.

• Like 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

There's lead in the solder on the networks. 

Not enough to worry about, one of my kids has 100X more lead in her azz than in a network and she never died from it.