Hurricane Harvey 2017

wvu80

Hurricane Harvey 2017 looks to be a bad one for our Texas friends.  This is expected to be the first Cat 3 hurricane to hit landfall in 11 years.  I saw where they are expecting 2 FEET of rain!

Do we have some check-ins or reports from those of you in harm's way?

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Hurricane Harvey 2017 looks to be a bad one for our Texas friends.  This is expected to be the first Cat 3 hurricane to hit landfall in 11 years.  I saw where they are expecting 2 FEET of rain!

Do we have some check-ins or reports from those of you in harm's way?

10 to 15" expected here.  USNRET is much closer to it than I am.

We were supposed to drive to Houston tomorrow for my daughters birthday but it's not looking good.  I believe both our houses will be fine but we're worried about the roads between here and there.

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I believe both our houses will be fine but we're worried about the roads between here and there.

Is your concern with the roads due to people evacuating away from the coast, or from the roads flooding?  Are you under an evacuation order?

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Is your concern with the roads due to people evacuating away from the coast, or from the roads flooding?  Are you under an evacuation order?

Flooding roads.  I doubt seriously there'll be an evacuation here.  Even so, I stayed for Rita and Ike.  This one is more of an inconvenience than anything else. 

The city I live in (Beaumont) has been working on drainage ever since I can remember.  They've done a great job improving drainage ditches and digging out ponds.  The water drains extremely fast by my house but like anything else, it has it's limits.  Under normal circumstances we get more rain than most cities so they're geared for it.

• Moderators

Looks like they're predicting it to be stronger than originally thought, over 110mph winds until it hit's land.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I loaned it to Mike in Corpus.  He's going to need it more than I am.

I would think they are busy getting planes out of that area the way the runway/airport flooded in the past ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Looks like they're predicting it to be stronger than originally thought, over 110mph winds until it hit's land.

I would think they are busy getting planes out of that area the way the runway/airport flooded in the past ?

They actually service radar planes and hurricane trackers as well.  He's probably up to his elbows in it right now. 

Just dropped in; yes a smidgen busy at work (launched everything that could fly) then boarding up the abode. Staying put as I am one of the lucky 8 that must remain. It be time for an ice cold slushie, wish I had one. And no Carl just wait but you all will be disappointed.

• Like 1