Hurricane Harvey 2017

wvu80

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

My son, wife and grandson just left their house in a rescue boat.  Helicopters have been flying over the house all day.  It's very surreal.

Sorry to hear that.  I hope your home stays above the water.  My son said some of the first floor rooms in his dorm at Lamar U are flooded.  Fortunately, he is on the third floor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Sorry to hear that.  I hope your home stays above the water.  My son said some of the first floor rooms in his dorm at Lamar U are flooded.  Fortunately, he is on the third floor.

I think we're going to be good here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Have you all been seeing the helicopter aerial footage of the flooding all around Houston?  It spans a heck of a lot of area.

There's drone footage of the highway I normally take to go to work.  It's a lake.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Have you all been seeing the helicopter aerial footage of the flooding all around Houston?  It spans a heck of a lot of area.

A member from another forum site, is working search and rescue in Port Arthur. He said there are currently 12 rescue helicopters in the area. They are trying to locate a family stuck in an attic. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Things went from bsd to worse.  Our city of 120k people just lost water.  Ironic isn't it?

Hang in there.  Hopefully you have a lot on hand and the bathtubs are full.  The water should start receding and they should be able to get things back up and running.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Hang in there.  Hopefully you have a lot on hand and the bathtubs are full.  The water should start receding and they should be able to get things back up and running.

It'll be a couple days before the water recedes and they can work on the pumps.  Hopefully they're thinking about some sort of work around.  A pump.on a barge would be my suggestion.   We have a case of water and several bottles of Gatorade.   I filled up as many containers as I could this morning at 2.  I could always drain the water heater as well.  We'll use pool water to flush commodes like we did when Rita hit.  No need to panic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

A member from another forum site, is working search and rescue in Port Arthur. He said there are currently 12 rescue helicopters in the area. They are trying to locate a family stuck in an attic. 

They're constantly flying around our house.  I think they run daylight to dark.

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They're constantly flying around our house.  I think they run daylight to dark.

He also said there were quite a few fake calls for help. Some people think that's funny, but should be prosecuted. 

He said they received a call from a kennel owner in Beaumont, and had 60 dogs in trouble, all were in the water. When they showed up, the dogs swam to the boat, some didn't make it.

15 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Filling the bathtub....wow what a great idea!

Sometimes around here a winter ice storm might down the power lines and we lose electricity. I always have a few 5 gallon buckets of water in the garage for those occasions. The wife and daughters don't like to use natures restroom:D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I can't tell whether you're being facetious or not but that's standard procedure during a hurricane.

That's standard procedure for us anytime there's a storm that could take out power, and should be for anyone in that situation.  Pool is great to have too, unless it's frozen over in winter.  Carl, if you don't have a reverse osmosis pump, once you get through this disaster, it's a great thing to have if you need to convert your pool, or other water supply, to drinking water.  Where are your son and his family going?