CD Lens Cleaners

Peter P.

Anybody buy one that has fixed their problem?

I have a CD player that's exhibiting peculiar behavior-it'll play about the first minute of a track, any track on a CD, on any CD, and then jump back as much as 1 minute, and repeat.

I don't have any Repeat type programming engaged and besides, that programming usually clears if you shut a player off/on.

So before I send the unit to repair, I'm thinking of trying a CD lens cleaner because it's cheap. Am I wasting my money? Which one should I buy?

5 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

I would try that as well as take the cover off and used compressed air and blow out any dust. That being said, I had a CD player that started skipping all of the time and my buddy needed to adjust something inside.

Wish I knew that adjustment thing.

2 hours ago, dtr20 said:

I would try that as well as take the cover off and used compressed air and blow out any dust. That being said, I had a CD player that started skipping all of the time and my buddy needed to adjust something inside.

You might need to replace your transport.....

tc

• Like 1

Skipping cd's are usually a transport issue, and it can be a pita to find a replacement transport. It is possible that there's some gunk in there.  You could open it up and try spraying some air around the lens.  Don't spray too long cause the air gets cold and leaves moisture.

Another thought. If it's a newer model, it could need a firmware update.  Check and see if one is available.