rsb8 soundbar and rw1 connections

rwigelsworth

Hello. I may be missing the point here and expecting more from my setup than it's designed to perform. I have a Samsung tv that is less than a year old. I use the soundbar as audio for my television.

I have apple tv and an internet streaming box connected to my tv also. All the audio for all devices play thru the soundbar. The audio from the television to the soundbar is supplied thru an optical cable as the hdmi did not carry sound to the soundbar. I want to add music that is playing on my soundbar thru the apple tv (which also has an iheart radio and pandora application on it) to other areas of my house and have purchased two rw1 wireless speakers. My problem is that I can not get the rw1 to play what is coming thru the soundbar. If I use the app and create a speaker group this doesn't seem to fix the issue. If I use apple music, pandora ect directly thru the klipsch stream app it will play. How can I basically get the rw1 speakers to synch and play whatever may be also coming thru the soundbar?

• 2 years later...

Was there ever a reply to this question?

I have a Samsung UN65M6300 TV and have a similar issue. I connected my RSB-8 soundbar and it works along with its woofer. I have my two RW-1 speakers working fine as well with the RSB-8 for music that I stream from within the Klipsch Stream app. I set them up as a group within the app. Watching my TV does not seem to connect with the RW-1 speakers however even though all are connected to my router. I can connect my RSB-8 to my Samsung with an Optical or HDMI (ARC) cable, the later allowing me to use my Samsung remote to control the RSB-8 volume.

The Klipsch Stream app shows that all of my speakers are using the same 2.4Ghz bandwidth ("About" option shows me that). I tried the "Surround Sound" Klipsch Stream option thinking that that would work but it just messed things up and disconnected / removed the RW-1 speakers entirely from Klipsch Stream, so I had to painstakingly re-add them!?

Anyway, how can I make these RSB-8 and RW-1 speakers work with my Samsung TV? Thanks