Nice La Scala article

gfxmla

As an owner of highly modified La Scala speakers I can concur with a couple of statements on that article 

Garbage in – garbage out was never more relevant than it is with these speakers. I’ve never heard a more amplifier sensitive speaker. But when you get it right, you’ll be jumping around your listening room

Trust me; you’ll never have nearly as much fun with a $200,000 pair of Wilson XLFs as you’ll have with a pair of $1,500 vintage LaScalas.

And I have heard a pair of Wilsons 

• Like 1

I've auditioned Wilson's as well and can say the staging and sound was stellar. I can't compare them to LS' though as I have not heard them in the same set up, but that is a pretty terrific statement [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mr. Wilson was a HUGE Paul Klipsch fan. I heard their best a few years back, but the Sadurni Horns trounced them at 1/4 the price ($40,000). Although they are "super TWEAKED" in every way imaginable, they are still Bass Reflex with direct radiators and cannot compare to an all horn system's scary DYNAMICS, which, to me is the LIFE of real live music. Sorry Mr. Wilson.

So, y'all wanna simply PUSH air or you wanna SQUEEZE it with super light diaphragms and response to a Milliwatt?

Klipsch and Danley, all the way!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@Full Range, Do they sound as good as they look? ;)

Actualy they would come out equal in most circumstances but different due to design 

My "modified" La Scala are more defined and excel in highly complex multi layer music passages and better in low volume definition 

But the Wilson go down further in the lower register so they beat the La Scala in that area 

7 hours ago, Full Range said:

Actualy they would come out equal in most circumstances but different due to design 

My "modified" La Scala are more defined and excel in highly complex multi layer music passages and better in low volume definition 

But the Wilson go down further in the lower register so they beat the La Scala in that area 

B.S. Not with a horn sub under a LaScala they don't. They also get trounced in the DYNAMICS department.

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

B.S. Not with a horn sub under a LaScala they don't. They also get trounced in the DYNAMICS department.

Im not sure if are for the La Scala camp or for the Wilson camp with your answer 

Suffice to say that with the modifications in my La Scala, they can reach to low 30s htz - but very accurate and pleasing htz 

Claude is in the horn loaded camp.  I believe he's saying the Wilsons won't go lower than La Scalas with horn loaded subs and that horn loaded beats the Wilsons in dynamics. If you inferred that he was implying that your specific modified La Scalas couldn't keep up -- or more precisely down  -- with the Wilsons, I feel you're mistaken.  If I'm wrong, Claude will correct me.  My experience acting as a translator between a French-Canadian and an Aussie is limited. :-)