Considering RB-61 II, The Sixes or RP-160M for Office

Youthman

They have a lot of bass, presumably due to the DSP used. I think it would depend on the spacing and how the other shelves interact with the port.

When I used them, I had them on a desk against a wall with the port only 2-3" from the wall and they worked great - not boomy.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Well the RB-61 II came in today and I could not be any more pleased!  Absolutely LOVE these speakers.  Crystal clear with a solid bottom end.  It took awhile to find the right pair but in the end, it was COMPLETELY worth it.  I know I made the right decision by going with them.

klipsch-rb-61ii-speakers.JPG

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Well the RB-61 II came in today and I could not be any more pleased!  Absolutely LOVE these speakers.  Crystal clear with a solid bottom end.  It took awhile to find the right pair but in the end, it was COMPLETELY worth it.  I know I made the right decision by going with them.

Had you heard the 61-II's before you got these?  And where did you pick them up?

I think you had the 61's, not sure about the II's.  I like the sound of woofers right in that 6.5 to 7" range, especially for voice.

I don't want to influence you in a bad way, but a little 10" sub would fit nicely under that desk and add a full sound to that bottom end without having to crank the sound. 

Just sayin'.  B)

• Moderators
6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Had you heard the 61-II's before you got these?

Yes, I used to own RB-61 but at the time, didn't have a place for them so I sold them.

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

And where did you pick them up?

Found them in Tennessee on Craigslist and contacted the seller about shipping.

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I don't want to influence you in a bad way, but a little 10" sub would fit nicely under that desk and add a full sound to that bottom end without having to crank the sound. 

I'm sure a sub would be a nice addition but I'm in a church office so I don't have much opportunity to turn it up.  The RB-61 II have a very good amount of bottom end on their own.

• Like 2

Have a pair of 61s and had a pair of 61IIs. Both are fantastic and my belated opinion would have been towards them because of the front port - especially the way you have them set up, pretty much like studio monitors. As much as I would like an office system myself, I would probably find it too much of a distraction.