Belle Klipsch..new to me

Sprogk

On 8/28/2017 at 5:40 PM, Sprogk said:

Ohh I've seen that clarity cap shell logo somewhere....I just went back to the ALK crossover pictures and there it was. The shell logo...thanks for the link.

Just to add to all this I haven't even bought an amplifier yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is funny! Good pick up on the Belle's.

I guess for amps look for the ones no one is selling. Old HK SS from the 70s. Creek which no one talks about.

I never found a Luxman but would be sweet on hearing one. No on sells the old Conrad Johnson tube integrated. I do not put it in my profile but I will never sell my H H Scott 208 power amp.

What you must do is not frustrate yourself with jittery digital. 

Belle's hate MP3 files. Good luck.

Rick

I guess for amps look for the ones no one is selling. Old HK SS from the 70s. Creek which no one talks about.

I never found a Luxman but would be sweet on hearing one. No on sells the old Conrad Johnson tube integrated. I do not put it in my profile but I will never sell my H H Scott 208 power amp.

What you must do is not frustrate yourself with jittery digital. 

Belle's hate MP3 files. Good luck.

Rick

I might pick up a Luxman and see how that sounds.

So most of you guys listen to vinyl or CD's? What other sources?

The attached AAs were refreshed several years ago with caps from Bob Crites.  

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't recall the S/N, but they are about the same vintage as yours.

IMG_0214.JPG.65c70fc621a4fe242a618dfaf4113177.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG.8e021b44f28905233244df21b1874e30.JPG

Looks good. I'll order the caps and do A/B comparison.

I should have mentioned those AAs are from La Scalas that hung in a smoke filled bar in Ohio for 30 years, not Belles in someone's living room.

I didn't specify the GE motor run caps; I explained to Bob what I needed and those are what he sent.  They make the La Scalas sound great in their new life in a high school band room.

12 hours ago, Sprogk said:

I might pick up a Luxman and see how that sounds.

So most of you guys listen to vinyl or CD's? What other sources?

Vinyl, SACD, Tidal and Deezer, CDs, FM Tuner, streaming the local Classical and Jazz Public Radio Station.

But Vinyl is my first and best audio source love. 😎

@Sprogk Those Belles are looking good! The wood grain seems to have been parched, you've got that under control. 

Don't have folded horn speakers, you know those were my shot at it that you have now! Lps, internet radio, cds, and my cassettes (until they fall apart, one by one).

Those cabinets... they are works of art, like some automobiles are, not much regular furniture is.

[mention=67272]Sprogk[/mention] Those Belles are looking good! The wood grain seems to have been parched, you've got that under control. 

Don't have folded horn speakers, you know those were my shot at it that you have now! Lps, internet radio, cds, and my cassettes (until they fall apart, one by one).

Those cabinets... they are works of art, like some automobiles are, not much regular furniture is.

Ok so internet radio you have a DAC and connect a laptop via USB? What's the best wireless options for streaming Tidal for example? My amplifier ordered does not come with a built in DAC.

@Sprogk I'm not connected to my PC at this time. The capability is there with my turntable and my Cambridge CXN. I get the radio from my CXN and use it as my preamp. It has one dac per channel and digital going through it is rich and warm compared to other dacs that I've heard. If you could manage to listen to Cambridge options for your dac I'd think they should be considered. If you're going ss that is.

[mention=67272]Sprogk[/mention] I'm not connected to my PC at this time. The capability is there with my turntable and my Cambridge CXN. I get the radio from my CXN and use it as my preamp. It has one dac per channel and digital going through it is rich and warm compared to other dacs that I've heard. If you could manage to listen to Cambridge options for your dac I'd think they should be considered. If you're going ss that is.

I'll b sure to check out Cambridge CXN. Thanks

Darn good looking speakers! Congrats.

I have a pair myself hooked to a Marantz streaming Google play via the aux in the back. These speakers do so many things well be it loud or near field low, shhhh everyone is in bed late at night listening. I literally can sit for couple hour sessions just enjoying the music. 

Occasionally I'll come across a song or two that exhibits "beaming" or "honk" via the Bell's but it's the material. Crap music will be revealed quickly with horn speakers. Just their nature. I'm keeping these and wish you many years of enjoyment.

Congrats! 

• Like 1