3 hours ago, KoosKlipsch said:

Hi pbphoto

thanks, that really will help, i am going to start with the position you mentioned and see what it brings.

is your Rythmic f12g fast enough for the LaScala ?  They are very pricy i saw (i would like to use 2 subs, one on every side) and not for sale in the Netherlands (or Europe)

are there other subs (not horn ones because i cannot place them) that are fast enough you think/lnow?

I'm not a subwoofer guru.  I chose the F12G because it seemed to be designed for music.  It's a very rigid sealed box with a paper driver and a host of blending, PEQ, and damping options.  I set it up so that I barely notice it and it doesn't interfere with the LSII's tight bass - it just extends it deeper.  Is it as good as a horn-loaded sub?  Not sure.  Like you, I don't have the space for one so I'll never know.  It doesn't sound a tight as the LSII's bass but then again, it is playing much deeper octaves and other stuff starts rattling around my room.

I started out with two subs (an older Yamaha sub in addition to the Rythmik) and I now just have the Rythmik in the front corner.  I use its PEQ filter to tame a room node at 31hz but I still have a room null at around 60hz that a 2nd sub could help if I could locate it better.  Maybe I'll get a wireless sub someday.

Hello everyone

is it a good idea to lift LaScala's from the floor, perhaps to create more low bass.

i have also read that there are modifications that made it possible to create more low bass with the existing LaScala, does anyone perhaps have those modifications on paper?

Till now i am enyojing the music that comes out of the LS,  i am still "burning them in"  (still 50 hours to go from the 100 hours Klipsch advices). What is the best way to burnin anyway?

Thanks in forhand for te reactions (i learn a lot of them)

best regard

Koos

Hello Bruce

thanks, i actually dont miss the lowest bass till now to be honest

the LS II has much more lower bass than the first edition ( i also have owned fot several years) Imho.

Now i'm not sure i will add a sub because the speed of the hornbass is very hard to follow i think

when playing music with a drumkit the speed is tremendous and very "dry".  I don't like muddy drums

Koos

This started as a joke because I had simply run out of places to put speakers upstairs... seriously.

I stacked a pair of Cornscalas CAREFULLY on top for shirts and giggles. 

No harm, no foul!

BUT, the LaScala is SO DARN efficient, the Cornscalas simply and seemlessly added an octave of bass and brought the soundstasge wispfully(?) higher.

It may not be eye-pleasing to the skeptic or more domesticated, but it IS reversible - once you (and I) get a proper horn loaded sub or the equivalent.

I keep reading about THT subs and Quarter Pies with great interest.

IMG_1472.JPG

The plasma, interesting story, is actually mounted to the wall. I won it in a Reese's Peanut Butter Cups candy bar wrapper years ago! "Light the Bat" or something like that, a promo for the Batman movie of that year. 

I have two boys, at the time, I preferred we all "play" in the same room (I still do). One would play Xbox or Playstation on the plasma and the other Wii on the "Trinitron", which at the time people were giving away if you would lift them out of their basement. I think my back still aches from that... We used to have a desktop computer connected to the plasma too, so we could watch TV on the bottom and "research" on the top.

The family that plays together, stays together. Or so the theory goes.

The tube TV will have to go when I get another pair of LaScalas though.

• Like 1