Pair of Cornwall II for sale

AScott

I have  a pair of Cornwall II   C-DR-15, serial # 3L180 and # 2J007 originally in plywood boxes, since covered with 3/4" custom finish Ash ply- Yes they are heavy, but see photos.   They have never been serviced or updated.  Sound is good, but I need to downsize and don't have room placement for them.  I have no idea what they are worth and would like sell them.  I'm in Northern California (eureka area).  Any input, suggestions, or interest in them would be appreciated.  I'm new to the forum, but am a fan and have several other Klipsch products.  Price range?  Anybody interested?  thanks

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

Untitled 11.jpeg

Untitled.jpeg

Not interested, but I can put my thoughts out there.  I don't know anything about prices in CA, but may raise the price a little?  Having them covered in a different wood probably brings the price down (and makes them heavier and even harder to move around).  Assuming all the internal stuff still works, I'd put it in a price range of $300 on the low end to $1,000 on the very high end, even for CA.

I really like the the custom finishing job, even though it brings the price down just a bit. If you were close to me I'd probably buy them from you. I want to build a new system around a pair of Klipsch (either La Scala, Cornwall, or Forte). I want to mate them up with a little tube amp & a good turntable and start listening to the 3000 LPs from the 70's that have made made life hell every time I moved over the last 30 years. 

But shipping to New Orleans would probably too high, so I will just wish you luck & envy the person that ends up with them. GOOD LUCK

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, teaman said:

Pretty sure I saw them listed on Ebay a while back.

I tried to find the Ebay listing but couldn't, maybe it was pulled.

I was curious if they sold and at what price.  There were very few Cornwall/ Cornwall II's on Ebay and the ones I saw were in the $1200 range and up, and had often had no bids.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

Folks, you realize these were the Vertical horn version of the Cornwall II's made in 60's to about '73 or '74. 

I'm curious - you guys that know, maybe you can offer to satisfy my curiosity. 

during that, or any other for that matter, were the Cornwalls made in both vertical and horizontal?  or only one or the other, depending on design changes sent to production?  thanks.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

I find it interesting that no one commented on the fact that one of them had a Cornwall I label, the other had a Cornwall II label, one of them was manufactured in 1971, and the other in 1973.  Just a thought.

that's what makes them custom...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I find it interesting that no one commented on the fact that one of them had a Cornwall I label, the other had a Cornwall II label, one of them was manufactured in 1971, and the other in 1973.  Just a thought.

I have to admit Jim, I looked at these ten times and never picked up on that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, -js- said:

I'm curious - you guys that know, maybe you can offer to satisfy my curiosity. 

during that, or any other for that matter, were the Cornwalls made in both vertical and horizontal?  or only one or the other, depending on design changes sent to production?  thanks.

@-js- Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but they were made in both orientations in that time period.  The old Cornwall II label in the '70's was used to indicate the verticals, while the regular Cornwall label was for the normal horizontal orientation.  Jim was the only one to point out the mixed pair.  Sometimes the most obvious things get overlooked :) 

And just FYI for any who read this post, the new Cornwall II label from the '80's (with banana plug terminals) indicates the new innards rather than verticals.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ave Bona Cornwall said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but they were made in both orientations in that time period.  The old Cornwall II label in the '70's was used to indicate the verticals, while the regular Cornwall label was for the normal horizontal orientation. 

We have had discussions here before about the "Cornwall II" being from two different time periods, but you are the first one to ever note that the early Cornwall II indicated orientation!

That is the first explanation of that apparent oddity that has ever made sense to me.

• Like 2