Fair market value input please

mojomc

I've run across a rather nice local gent who has a CL ad for a McIntosh 2505 and MX112. I've met and hung out and inspected these units. They appear to be very nice and original. No maintenance has been performed, however

Asking price is $1250. I know Terry Dewick is the guy to goto for maintaining all things Mc and about what to expect with shipping and updating. What would be a reasonable offer be for the pair? Are they worth pursuing, although from research i believe the answer to be yes. 

Thank you for any input. This would be my first McIntosh equipment. They would most likely be used on a pair of KLF-30s or possibly KG 4.2 until i find a pair of RF-7 II or CF3 or CF4. 

Brent 

If you are going to ship both of them to Terry, I think you can reasonably assume that the cost for shipping and any updates or repairs is going to run somewhere around $1000 for both, maybe even more. A nice 2505 alone is somewhere in the range of 1000 to 1200 to purchase these days. Definitely would recommend that you call Terry and speak with him about it.

The 2505 is a terrific amplifier and is exactly the same as an MC 250 only with meters. I have two of the MC 250s and they are outstanding.

Thanks for the input guys. Fortunately I have a connection with family in the Knoxville area so getting it there and back shouldn't be an issue. I would just have to plan around his schedule but should save a few $ and peace of mind. 

I'm still on the fence about it but it seems his ask is reasonable but why not attempt a reasonable counter and see what he says, if i decide to move forward. 

Good esp if original owner.

Just so you know....Dewick is fantastic and cheap.....but it will be a looooong time before you get it back.

I would send the amp to John Warren and let him do his magic.  Not sure if he would do basic service on the preamp.....but I would trust him with it if he said yea.