NCAAF

oldtimer

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The only college game I've ever been to was USC at Notre Dame about 37 years ago. It was an intense atmosphere.

Great one to go to.  Even years (at least back then) were in the Colosseum. So 80 was in LA, 81 was in South Bend, etc.  I got to go in '80 through '86 in LA.  USC had a Loooong dry spell after that.

• Like 1

Just now, JL Sargent said:

To be fair, we can find those on just about every college campus. Fl vs Mi should be a good one. 

Well, to be even more "fair", I have been to many, many college football games in stadiums across the country, and have never experienced  such ridiculous behaviour as I did on the ND campus.  And I can't imagine that it was because I was fully decked out in Michigan gear....no, that couldn't be it....

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

It's a real shame, but even though I live only about 15 minutes from Notre Dame, I will never go to another game there.  Rude, self-absorbed, inebriated students are the order of the day....sad.

I can understand some of that happening, but not to the point where it left that much of a bad feeling for you. The good people in a crowd should've outnumbered the bad ones, and self policed it.

I was at a Colts game a few years ago, and 2 Colts fans were intensely taunting a Browns fan. About 10 Colts fans stepped up and instantly put a stop to that, the crowd cheered.

I've been to many college football venues.  A memorable site was Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE.

Bobby Newcombe, the son of a college friend, Bob Newcombe, was a quarterback/wide receiver/kick returner for the Huskers.  The VIP treatment we received as guests of a player was phenomenal.  The game was against Texas A&M.

What impressed me most was the hospitality consistently demonstrated by Husker fans toward fans decked out in A&M gear.  Comments like, "Welcome.  Enjoy the game," were repeatedly heard being said by Nebraska fans to A&M fans.  The spirit in the stadium during the game was intense and infectious.  We resisted warning the Nebraska faithful that their hospitality, unfortunately, is not likely to be reciprocated in Columbus, Ann Arbor, East Lansing, etc.

FWIW, I prefer stadiums that are not a single bowl formed by digging a hole in the ground.  IME, the sound from such bowl stadiums tends to go straight up, whereas the sound in multi-deck stadiums bounces back and forth on its way to the clouds.

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

On 8/31/2017 at 10:11 PM, Ceptorman said:

110k people fired up in a frenzy! That would be a thrill. Have you ever been to a Michigan/OSU game? 

Want intensity? Go to a Penn State White Out.

Had the pleasure of witnessing my Lions taking down Ohio State Last year. 

Jimjimbo's Wolverines will pay us a visit this year. Looking for revenge after the beatdown we took from them in week 4. Went on to win 9 straight games to win the Big10 Championship only to lose the Rose Bowel against USC

And to think PSU fan base would have been happy with just a winning season:D

wj.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EmilC said:

Want intensity? Go to a Penn State White Out.

Had the pleasure of witnessing my Lions taking down Ohio State Last year. 

Jimjimbo's Wolverines will pay us a visit this year. Looking for revenge after the beatdown we took from them in week 4. Went on to win 9 straight games to win the Big10 Championship only to lose the Rose Bowel against USC

And to think PSU fan base would have been happy with just a winning season:D

wj.jpg

That's an awesome photo.