NCAAF

oldtimer

45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The nfl should take care of its own business instead of pretending that colleges are farm teams.

Yea but that's just how the system works. They all know where the money is, in the pros. In basketball, that's probably even more prominent.

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

OK. I like the style of college football better than the pros. When the QB is a threat to run, it open the game up. It just when those running QBs try that at the pro level, it can hurt. The DBs in the pros are much quicker.

I agree. The passion is so much better also. Seeing a kid without as much talent as others , playing his heart out in the game is great to me. 

3 hours ago, RTR said:

I agree. The passion is so much better also. Seeing a kid without as much talent as others , playing his heart out in the game is great to me. 

Reminds me of my 20 year old daughter, when she played HS basketball. She is 5'2", 112 lbs, doesn't have much basketball skills. But where her skills left, her heart took off. That kid would give everything she had during the games. She never scored, mainly was in for defense, and getting her team fired up. Many games she left with bruised knees, fat lip, beat up, her coaches loved her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Wow, Troy knocks off LSU? What's the world coming to?

That's got to be at least as embarrassing as Michigan losing to Appalachia State a few years ago, right up there with the worst losses of all-time of a big-time program losing to a little guy.

I would think Tennessee fans weren't happy about the Vols being crushed by Georgia 41-0 at home.  :blink:

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That's got to be at least as embarrassing as Michigan losing to Appalachia State a few years ago, right up there with the worst losses of all-time of a big-time program losing to a little guy.

I would think Tennessee fans weren't happy about the Vols being crushed by Georgia 41-0 at home.  :blink:

Not quite Dave.  Michigan was #5 in both polls when upset by App St.  LSU isn't even 5th in its conference division.  The App State upset remains one of the biggest upsets of all time.

• Like 1