NCAAF

oldtimer

3 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Jim, Michigan has a tough last few games of the season.  They have Penn State, OSU and Wisconsin.  This part of the season coming up I don't look forward  to watching the top Big Ten teams tear up each other.

Ah, win or lose, this is the best part of the season....Tonight should be interesting, and I'll be checking on the Washington State/Oregon game as well.

Go Blue.

• Like 1

TCU has a tough schedule including today.  The Big 12 is heartless, and starting to remind me of the old southwest conference.  Diz, I am still in shock, how could you be against the Horned Frogs?  Back in my college days we won a handful of games in 4 and a half years, but I was in the stands, playing a snare (or xylophone, try marching with that strapped to you) cheering for a team with little chance of winning.  I'm still not sure west Virginia belongs in the states.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

I'm not against the Horned Frogs, I was just rooting for the Mountaineers.  You can see how much good that did.

Appreciate the support!

That bogus offensive pass interference call against the OFFENSE with 90 seconds remaining was a 15 yard penalty.  Having a 1st and 25 negating a long completion and a first down did NOT help.  :(

Top ten teams do not commit stupid turnovers and miss 30 yard field goals.  That's why WVU is not a top ten team. 

#8 TCU is the new standard bearer for the Big 12 and should move up after #3 Oklahoma's inexplicable loss to Iowa State.  

The crowd in the Big House looks like they're lovin' the heck out out of the monsoon weather in the 4th quarter! 

Four TO's for Michigan.  It's a miracle they are within 4 at this point and still have a chance to win the game.  Will it be an all running from now to the end?  I have no idea how anybody could throw the ball in that driving rain.

Since I'm a music guy, I tend to like teams on the basis of their marching band.  Michigan has one of the best playing bands in the country.  I love their tradition of running onto the field out of the tunnel from the 50 yard, and their knowledgeable crowd lets them know how much they appreciate the band.

I also like Texas, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, even Florida State has a great band, along with my own beloved WVU Pride of West Virginia.

The two best bands you've never heard of would be North Texas State University, and then the the best marching band in the country which would be... 

Riverside Community College, in California.  They play and march a complex show like nobody's business.  Great brass line, and they have a world-class drum line with fantastic talent.