NCAAF

oldtimer

35 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

There was a reason Harbaugh, a former QB, originally went with Speight over O'Korn.  If Speight has fractured vertebrae as reported, O'Korn needs to get better quickly.

The QB O'Korn looked like the situation was too big for him on this night, 3 int's.  He made some bad decisions and the weather certainly didn't help.  The offense turned it over five times.

The Michigan defense could have sued for non-support.

• Like 1

A sense of entitlement is a dangerous thing for the young men who play college football.  History doesn't win games.  Winning recruiting classes doesn't win games.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/4/16393834/michigan-state-msu-series-rivalry-history-upsets. Make it 8.  The linked article was written before yesterday's upset.

Coaching, running and tackling wins games.

Go Green.

• Like 1

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/honeymoon-over-harbaugh-now-1-4-vs-michigans-top-rivals/ar-AAt4fdF?ocid=U452DHP

Most likely will be 1-5 after this season. 

The honeymoon may well be over for Harbaugh. This is not why Michigan made him the 2nd highest paid coach in college football.

How long will Michigan fans be patient. Not sure what their expectations were for this season but a win over Sparty was

expected.

Frustration is already mounting over at the Michigan boards

https://scout.com/college/michigan/Board/103320/Contents/Venting-Thread-108596608

Fans are a fickle bunch.

PSU fans wearing scream for James Franklin's head two years ago. After last  years Big10 Championships, he is now the in the top 10 highest paid coach and loved by all:P

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Neil, for a serious question; when was the last time you cleaned a record? I haven't cleaned one in a year.

Several months ago I cleaned that DJ demo record for Marty, @thebes.  Using the Reg Williamson Cyastat SN laced PVA facial, I never need to clean a record a second time.  

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

This is not why Michigan made him the 2nd highest paid coach in college football.

Ouch, I didn't think of it exactly like that. He has brought a lot of energy to the program and probably is worth every penny paid in those terms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

How long will Michigan fans be patient. Not sure what their expectations were for this season but a win over Sparty was expected.

It was not expected by me.  The performances with Speight at the helm against Cincinnati and Purdue were mediocre.  Losing Speight did not make them better.  MSU upset Michigan; it did not upset a top ten team, as Michigan demonstrated it was severely overrated at #7.

Yes, Wolverine fans (at least the Walmart variety that never matriculated in A2) are unrealistically impatient, and, yes, coaching mistakes were made.  Nonetheless, Jim Harbaugh is a good coach, as well as an excellent recruiter.  It would be foolish for Michigan to force Harbaugh to return to the NFL, but out he will go if he can't do better than 1 - 5 against Meyer and Dantonio.

FWIW, IMO, Harbaugh is a nice person, but that's worth zero to his job security.

10 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Ah, that's why I don't have to clean them anymore. The magic stuff you sent me!

Great.  I lose track of who my goop cult followers are.  Please let me know if you need more Cyastat.

Speaking of "modern technology," I hate it when this &$@#%€£¥ iPad highlights a word it fails to recognize, such as Cyastat, but misspells it and doesn't allow me to choose the correct version without starting over.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

A sense of entitlement is a dangerous thing for the young men who play college football.  History doesn't win games.  Winning recruiting classes doesn't win games.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/4/16393834/michigan-state-msu-series-rivalry-history-upsets. Make it 8.  The linked article was written before yesterday's upset.

Coaching, running and tackling wins games.

Go Green.

I thought having more points than your opponent at the end wins games.

I'm only kidding.  Washington State adv. USC last week was a good example of what you are saying, except it would be "coaching, passing and tackling."

The "let down" is always looming out there.