NCAAF

oldtimer

Spartans and Wolverines must be careful to not overlook their next opponents on the road, Gophers and Hoosiers, respectively.  Each is favored by a small margin, which can be dangerous.  Each should win, but each could lose.

Saturday, 10/28/17, Buckeyes against Nittany Lions at the Horseshoe, should be a good one.

Upsets seem to be common this season. Washington, Washington State and Clemson fell.  At this rate,  the playoffs might involve four 1 loss teams.

Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State are at the top of the B1G, OSU's loss at home to Oklahoma complicates things, especially after ISU upset OU.

As I expected, MSU and UM had difficulty with Minnesota and Indiana, respectively.

The parity and "upsets" make for interesting and enjoyable games.

• Like 1

@oldtimer's Horned Frogs are looking very good.  

Nebraska fans must be second guessing the move to B1G. It's another program that now requires The History Channel to relive the glory days.

Penn State's return to prominence, especially after the Sandusky debacle, is remarkable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

At least IU made a game of it.

Michigan won and dropped two places back to #19 in the polls!  

They should be able to make that ground up with a win at Penn State this weekend.

+++

My WVU Mountaineers are back at 23rd.  I think part of that resurgence might be because they have lost to 2 top twenty-five teams, current #14 Virginia Tech and current #4 TCU.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, the most interesting matchups this week are:

• ND vs USC;
  • PSU vs Mich;
  • OK St. vs Texas; and
  • Auburn vs Arkansas.

@oldtimer's Horned Frogs should not be severely tested by Kansas, but you never know, which is what keeps it interesting.

I'll be glued to the tube for those first two matchups.

The IU vs MSU game is of interest to me, as a Spartan alum and fan,  but it's not as significant as the games mentioned above.  I was offered tickets to the MSU vs IU game, which is homecoming in East Lansing, but turned them down.  The atmosphere of a college game is enjoyable, but watching the games on TV is better for actually watching the game.  Also, a friend's funeral is on Saturday, so spending the day on relatively insignificant football is out of the question.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

I can't think of many Alabama games of interest to watch.  They are blowing people out, lol.

yes they are, just running roughshod over everyone.  as an Auburn fan & former student, I can't even watch my tigers.  their 'game' - play calling etc makes me lose my mind.  I honestly find that I enjoy my Saturdays better simply scoreboard watching.  and those around me I think like me better that way too.  case in point -> this past Sat's game at LSU.  to be ahead 20-0 and lose, I would have lost my ever-loving mind had I watched it happen.  cannot.  stand.  it.

oh well.  such is my life as an Auburn Tiger.  thank goodness for other stuff to take my mind off my miseries :-)