NCAAF

oldtimer

On 10/15/2017 at 7:13 PM, DizRotus said:

another program that now requires The History Channel to relive the glory days.

That's pretty funny. Remember Tom Osborn's Nebraska? Some of those teams were very good indeed.

2 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

They are blowing people out, lol.

Right now you have to bet $125.00 to win $100 on Alabama winning the Title this year. That's just crazy.

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

That's pretty funny. Remember Tom Osborn's Nebraska? Some of those teams were very good indeed.

Right now you have to bet $125.00 to win $100 on Alabama winning the Title this year. That's just crazy.

Is the Tennessee game home or away for 'Bama?  In either case, Sabin has to remind his excellent players that EVERYONE else wants them to lose.  Perhaps showing the film of OU vs ISU or UM vs App State is in order.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Is the Tennessee game home or away for 'Bama?  In either case, Sabin has to remind his excellent players that EVERYONE else wants them to lose.  Perhaps showing the film of OU vs ISU or UM vs App State is in order.

U Tenn travels to Tuscaloosa for that game, this Sat 10/21

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The IU vs MSU game is of interest to me, as a Spartan alum and fan,  but it's not as significant as the games mentioned above.  I was offered tickets to the MSU vs IU game, which is homecoming in East Lansing, but turned them down.  The atmosphere of a college game is enjoyable, but watching the games on TV is better for actually watching the game.  Also, a friend's funeral is on Saturday, so spending the day on relatively insignificant football is out of the question.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. 

• Like 3

LJ Scott is a knucklehead.  

After being charged for the 7th time for driving without a license or on a suspended license, I hope he never gets another chance to fumble at MSU.  If I were the judge, I'd send him to jail.  What else will get his attention?  It's illegal to shoot his dog.

His stupidity has probably cost him many $$$$$.  Instead of pondering whether to leave early for a legitimate shot in the NFL, he needs to beg to return to the Spartans for a chance at redemption.  I hope he's removed from the program.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/10/19/michigan-state-footballs-lj-scott-arrested-faces-7th-driving-charge/779633001/

I was wrong about LJ Scott.  He's still a knucklehead, but of a much more benign nature than the former prosecutor in me imagined.  The fact that he was able to clear the restrictions on his license by paying fines is consistent with a situation of chronic immature stupidity, rather than a suspension as part of a sentence for earlier infractions.  Let's hope he doesn't fumble this opportunity.

Tonight the DVR will capture PSU vs UM while game 7 of Astros vs Yankees is being watched.  Football lends itself to compressed viewing during baseball commercials.  Speed through all the standing around and a recoded football game takes less than an hour.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:30 PM, wvu80 said:

They should be able to make that ground up with a win at Penn State this weekend.

That didn't happen.

Michigan needs a QB.  O'Korn looked better at times, but then he would get sacked again.  It's puzzling that ex-QB Harbaugh has not been able to find, or develop, a better solution at QB.  The next three weeks against Rutgers, Minnesota & Maryland should allow UM to regroup before facing Wisconsin and Ohio State.

And yes, the Spartans were underwhelming in their defeat of Indiana. They better play better next week against  Northwestern.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

TCU continues to impress.  Granted, Kansas is not too scary, but TCU held the Jayhawks to just 21 yards of total offense.  Next week Iowa State should provide a better challenge.

With all do respect to TCU who I do not follow but attended KU and its just down the road from me, beating KU's football team is nothing to hang ones hat on. I'm surprised it wasn't worse, TCU must have called the dawgs off or held the spread for the betting world. Lets get real here college football, athletics in general, is nothing but a money making machine for universities, Las Vegas, and at the end of the day pro sports. Ain't nothing "genuine" about it at this point ---

Gary Patterson would not hold the spread for the betting world.  He did put in the reserves for much of the second half.  Patterson has been somewhat criticized for not running up the score in the past, and one time after the horned frogs won a game they dropped in the rankings simply because they did not run up the score.  I feel he is one of the coaches that deserves a lot of respect for his approach.

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

PSU v tOSU for all the BIG 10 East marbles and maybe a playoff spot tomorrow at 3:30PM.

Edge to tOSU. Home field advantage is so much more important in college football  than in the NFL IMHO.

Guess who I'm rooting for?  Yep....

Go Blue.

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

PSU v tOSU for all the BIG 10 East marbles and maybe a playoff spot tomorrow at 3:30PM.

Edge to tOSU. Home field advantage is so much more important in college football  than in the NFL IMHO.

If PSU can score early it might take the crowd out of the game.  If OSU gets a lead it can get very loud and make it hard for the Nittney Lions on offense.

I think Penn State takes this one in a game decided in the 3rd quarter.