NCAAF

oldtimer

On 11/12/2017 at 8:19 PM, jimjimbo said:

Sparty is in a no-win situation against Maryland next week. Beat the terrapins, and who cares, or, if they lose Mark Dantonio‘s job is in peril Oh my, we could be truly screwed! 

Dantonio will cut and run and go to the NFL or am I thinking of someone else?:D

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I wouldn't trade places with him for anything.

I sure would. Think about it. Already set for life many times over.  Not to mention his kids and grandkids, etc. Doesn't even have to win another game. Probably already the greatest college football coach of all time and still adding to the talley. 

11 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I sure would. Think about it. Already set for life many times over.  Not to mention his kids and grandkids, etc. Doesn't even have to win another game. Probably already the greatest college football coach of all time and still adding to the talley. 

I did think about it. I'm comfortable and have taught my kids to be self sufficient so we're set.  Money doesn't breed happiness and most of the times I see him he looks like he's just swallowed a turd.  He'll probably die from a stress induced stroke or heart attack.  College football doesn't do a lot for me either.

There's countless stories printed about what a Richard Head he is.  He's not something I'd strive to be.  Treats people like crap yet you envy him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Treats people like crap yet you envy him.

You might want to look a little closer. Yes, he comes across as a hardass and extremely driven. Yes, he treats the media like crap, but there is much more to the man.  My wife works with abused kids everyday at the Blount County Childrens Center. She is the Victim's Advocate there and deals first hand with abused kids.  It's a non-profit that relies on contributions to keep the doors open. Nick Saban contributes money to those efforts every year! I don't know if envy is the right word, but I sure do admire the man.  

http://www.nickskidsfoundation.org/

image.thumb.png.4839b14c7eae08cb87ae754ca3ef1cec.png

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

so what's your point?

That I PERSONALLY have experience with Nick Saban that contradicts your opinion of him. I have met with and talked to the man on several occasions. He works to help kids. My wife and I work to help kids. That's all. Sorry that you're so sour towards the guy, but he does more to help large numbers of children than anybody I know. I have NEVER met Pablo so can't tell you anything about him. See the difference?

3 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

See the difference?

I see people of questionable character doing good things for the less fortunate.  For the record, I've never met either one of them but facts on both of them are easily found.  I can see how you could be star struck though.

Most people that I have met in my life with high morals treat everyone the same.  I put you in that category having met you on several occasions and talked with you frequently.  I can't picture you ever being kind one minute and the next minute, lying or berating someone as he does.  There are good people and bad people who do good things.  I put you in the first group and Nick in the second.

5 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

You admit you only know about him whats been said by the media.

I never mentioned the media. There's no doubt in my mind that when he's around you or at charitable events he's on his best behavior.  I'll accept that as fact.

We have people here that admittedly care nothing about College Football yet have a lot of uninformed babble to post about someone they know nothing about. That high moral fiber should, you would think, extend to those that hold the highest office in our land, those that the babblers have defended here in the past.

10 hours ago, T2K said:

We have people here that admittedly care nothing about College Football yet have a lot of uninformed babble to post about someone they know nothing about. That high moral fiber should, you would think, extend to those that hold the highest office in our land, those that the babblers have defended here in the past.

But the babble area that you held so dear is gone.  

Try not to get this thread locked by turning it political.  Football babble is fine, political babble not so.

BTW, you have to know someone personally to have an opinion of them?