NCAAF

oldtimer

14 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

That I PERSONALLY have experience with Nick Saban that contradicts your opinion of him. I have met with and talked to the man on several occasions. He works to help kids. My wife and I work to help kids. That's all. Sorry that you're so sour towards the guy, but he does more to help large numbers of children than anybody I know. I have NEVER met Pablo so can't tell you anything about him. See the difference?

It's quite possible do have a dual personality. A work and private one. 

I did a google search on Saban and have found some pretty disturbing claims against him that border on sociopathic behavior IF true.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/972515-nick-saban-alleged-seizure-incident-with-dolphins-paints-ugly-picture

https://totalfratmove.com/so-nick-saban-maybe-once-cut-a-guy-from-the-dolphins-for-leaving-the-team-to-go-see-his-dying-dad/

On 11/14/2017 at 5:57 PM, CECAA850 said:

I never mentioned the media. There's no doubt in my mind that when he's around you or at charitable events he's on his best behavior.  I'll accept that as fact.

Carl- 

With all due respect, if you have had no personal contact with Saban, how else than through the media do you have any basis to form an opinion.

I respect you and JL tremendously, but arguing about Nick Saban is pointless.  Your respective opinions are your own and there is support for each.  I too met Nick Saban, when he was at MSU.  That brief experience was entirely positive, but my overall opinion of him, most of which can only come through the media, is that he is a flawed extremely driven individual who has been extremely successful in his chosen profession.  Some people love him, while others loath him.

BTW, I also met Mark Dantonio when he was an assistant on Saban’s staff at MSU.  That was also an entirely positive contact.  Nonetheless, Dantonio seems to make sacrifices in his personal life that I would not be willing to make.  The same can probably be said about Tom Izzo and other successful coaches in other major sports programs.

IMO, the successful coaches do it because they’re driven to succeed, not for the money.  At those compensation levels, a little more or less has no real impact on their life styles.  As in professional sports, the respective salary levels are a way to be compared to one’s peers.

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

With all due respect, if you have had no personal contact with Saban, how else than through the media do you have any basis to form an opinion.

You are of course correct.  I was referring to a media bias and didn't express myself well.  My distaste for him has nothing to do with him in the college ranks rather how he acted as the coach of the Dolphins.  I probably wouldn't know who he was otherwise.

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

Wisconsin by only a touchdown this weekend vs Massapequa U.

Thought it would be more

The betting line reflects the $$$ available to bet on the teams.  I expect there are many more who bleed maize & blue than there are who have cheese in their veins.  A touchdown seems about right.  I'll be pulling for Wisconsin to remain undefeated, which is the best chance for B1G conference to send a team to the CFP.

I'll be watching Navy vs ND, which is favored by 18.  GO NAVY!   Brian Kelly is not a favorite of mine.  He's an expert at scapegoating.

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

if they keep playing St. Mary’s School for the Blind you may get your wish.  Play someone!  

I agree.  They've played an easy schedule.  But if they beat Michigan and Minnesota before defeating OSU in the B1G championship, they would remain undefeated and deserve to be in the CFP.  IMO, OSU is a better team than Wisconsin, but OSU has two losses

In Michigan they will have a legitimate opponent.  Michigan is better than the school for the blind.  We know that because they used to beat such schools regularly during the 19th century when they compiled that most wins record they brag about on the History Channel.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

In MIchigan they will have a legitimate opponent.  Michigan is better than the school for the blind.  We know that because they used to beat such schools regularly during the 19th century when they compiled that most wins record they brag about on the History Channel.

wonder what jimjimbo thinks about that?  :D

I found this column by UM alumnus Bob “Wojo” Wojnowski humorous and intelligent.  IMO, Wojo is an objective and informed critic of college football.  While he is proud of his Wolverine heritage, he doesn’t view the world through maize colored glasses.  His humorous assessments of OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan and MSU are, IMO, never offensive or annoying.  YMMV

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/bob-wojnowski/2017/11/17/wojos-pigskin-picks-um-must-go-forward-past/107769202/

To save everyone the trouble of reading the entire article — don’t want tired lips — Wojo predicts Wisconsin 20, UM 16.

37 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I found this column by UM alumnus Bob “Wojo” Wojnowski humorous and intelligent.  IMO, Wojo is an objective and informed critic of college football.  While he is proud of his Wolverine heritage, he doesn’t view the world through maize colored glasses.  His humorous assessments of OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan and MSU are, IMO, never offensive or annoying.  YMMV

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/bob-wojnowski/2017/11/17/wojos-pigskin-picks-um-must-go-forward-past/107769202/

To save everyone the trouble of reading the entire article — don’t want tired lips — Wojo predicts Wisconsin 20, UM 16.

"The Badgers (10-0) already have clinched the Big Ten West Division through 2023" :D

Time to move  Ohio State to the West. The east will take Illinois

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EmilC said:

Time to move  Ohio State to the West. The east will take Illinois

I'd vote for that.  But seriously, that will never happen as long as the OSU vs UM rivalry remains alive, which means it could take place as soon as next season.

BTW, Wojo tends toward hyperbole.  The 2023 reference is an example of his penchant for pulling numbers out of thin air to emphasize a point.  He’s a love him or hate him kind of guy; I enjoy his writing.

NOW Wisconsin has defeated a good team.  But, I still think OSU is a better team than Wisconsin.  If Wisconsin wins the B1G Championship, the CFP committee can’t ignore them .  If OSU beats Wisconsin in the championship game, the CFP is not a given.