NCAAF

oldtimer

5 hours ago, T2K said:

I think this was the same year that the Tide rolled over Clemson, much like tonight.

I can't remember for sure, there's been just so many many winning games here...

LOL!  That must be rough for you.  Win win win, national championship, national championship; yawn.

Don't you Alabama guys ever get bored?  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

What is it about him you don’t like?

I don't like him but that's me being a bit of an Auburn homer.  for me, my dislike goes back to post game remarks he made following AU's 38-24 loss @ Clemson on 9/17/2011 following the Cam Newton NC season of 2010-11.  Auburn had completed an undefeated regular season including the win @ Tuscaloosa that year ('10) where Cam led the comeback from a 24-0 deficit to win 28-27, then dominated the SEC title game vs So Car 56-17 and won the BCS NC  vs Oregon @ Glendale AR 22-19.so Auburn begins the next season (2011-12) 2-0 and road trips to Clemson and gets beat 38-24.  Dabo/Dumbo's TV post game comments include something to the effect that he thought it 'fitting that someone with Alabama connections be the one to end Auburn's winning streak'  of 17 games which at the time I think was the longest current streak in major college football. 

so, in that context, I took an immediate dislike to him and still don't like him to this day.  and yes, maybe more than a little butthurt about it.  but his comments at the time rubbed me the wrong way, so there it is.  but still cannot disparage the fact that he has done an admirable job in his position and have to give him credit for that.

• Thanks 1

Saw this earlier.  Lol

Have you seen or heard these comments from Dan LeBatard today? Wow. Just brutal. 

“I got mad at Dabo again. I get mad at Dabo quite a bit because you do a lot of the Bible thumping and ‘I’m here to teach the kids.’ What I saw happening in Alabama-Clemson very early on is like oh Alabama knows all the plays. You’ve got nothing. You’ve got NOTHING. Dabo, you have nothing. So what does he do? He yells at his quarterback and I’m like oh that’s weak.

“You’re getting exposed and we’re all watching this, Dabo. Nick had a month to prepare for this and you have NOTHING on offense. There is nothing you can do. So what does he do? He gets frustrated and screams at his quarterback. The quarterback who got him to where he is this season.

------------------

“Nick Saban always has the best players. The only way to come close to beating him is to have the guy who was about to take over the NFL (Deshaun Watson) at quarterback. So he gets carried by his quarterbacks to where he is. Dabo is a lifetime interim guy who now all of a sudden is championship famous and thinks he’s responsible for it or God is responsible for it.

---------------------------------------

“What I’m telling you is what I saw from his behavior with the quarterback yesterday is that I didn’t see God in it. I want him to eat the loss, not blame the kid. I want him to eat the loss. He had nothing for Nick Saban yesterday and it was obvious. Alabama is running around calling out the plays. They had no answers. So the quarterback is already losing and frustrated and actually getting hit. Dabo is on the sideline getting embarrassed in a way that’s obvious to all of us that you have nothing. If you don’t have that quarterback, you Dabo have got NOTHING for Nick Saban. So what do you do? You turn and you yell at the college kid.”

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Of course they get bored.  They live in Alabama...

We get bored occasionally but mostly we do the boring. Especially those college teams from places like Texas, Michigan and other bend over states.

14 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It would be right neighborly if you would share that boredom with the rest of us.

Just yankin' some chains. It's just a game. I don't study it too much, just watch a few games and forget about it.

Who are you rootin' for on Monday?  As a Spartan, it's always easy to root against Saban.  Since Matthew Stafford is an alumnus of Georgia, I'll pull for the Bulldogs.

In any event, I'll be at the Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine, Texas, so my attention will not be focused on the game.