NCAAF

oldtimer

Georgia's running backs against Bama's defense should make this game a real slobber knocker! I'm thinking the Tide takes this one in a close score. I'm hoping for a better game than Bama/Clemson. Dabo just didn't have much for Saban in the 3rd showdown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Projected to be one of the least watched CFP games ever.  Two SEC teams, lots of Saban haters.  Probably really, really boring.  Nobody cares.

Go Blue

Agree from my viewpoint. No real interest, I'll watch if nothing else it happening in my life, but won't rearrange my schedule for it.

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Projected to be one of the least watched CFP games ever.

It's really too bad that the best two teams in college football are both SEC teams. What can we do to help though? Just wish the Wolverines were competitive I guess. :D

As far as tv ratings go......"nobody cares"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

If

The first word brought this old thought to mind:

If frogs had wheels, they wouldn't bump their butts, and If a toady frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ***. Rur. It is useless to wish for impossible things.

Eight teams would not eliminate controversies but it would reduce the legitimacy of the whining.  Starting with the winners of the 5 Power conferences and then picking 3  more would help.  

The undefeated — or, at least, high ranked — schools, such as UCF, from smaller conferences would have a chance to show they can compete, which UCF proved this year.  The last whiner would be Notre Dame because they can’t wean themselves from a TV contract that precludes joining a conference.  

• Like 1

Michigan has, reportedly, hired former Spartan quarterback and assistant coach, Dan Enos. :o  This is the third of  Dan’s career moves that, IMO, have been questionable.  Let’s hope he has the same success he enjoyed at Central Michigan and Arkansas.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, wstrickland1 said:

Comes off as some religious, moral giant but clearly isn't.  Google Dabo Swinney speeding.

Stages questions from his beat writers. Google Dabo Swinney rant. Totally staged. 

Never met a microphone he didn't fellate

Theres plenty more. He's a total tool

Here's another example. Total tool I tell you.

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, JL Sargent said:

It's really too bad that the best two teams in college football are both SEC teams. What can we do to help though? Just wish the Wolverines were competitive I guess. :D

As far as tv ratings go......"nobody cares"

But a SEC also ran beat Michigan in their bowl game....oh I see what you did there :)

Decent Star Spangled Banner but not great.  It was sung very traditionally, with choir and four man group, it took about 2 minutes which is the right tempo.  I am a huge fan of the SSB as a song.  I do like hearing the words sung even though I am a fan of the marching band versions.

It seems a bit of a waste to have two fantastic college bands and not do a combined SSB, but I understand everybody wants a piece of the national championship spotlight, so what are you going to do?  We did have a lot of military people out there, President Trump was on the field which surprised me.  I knew he was going to appear but I did not know he would be on the field.  He got a huge ovation and cheer which did not surprise me.  There was a giant flag, very patriotic.

Alabama kicking off to Georgia.  Kickoff time.  Alabama's defense will carry the day.  Georgia is not facing the weak Oklahoma defense of a week ago.  Bama is good.

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I knew he was going to appear but I did not know he would be on the field.  He got a huge ovation and cheer which did not surprise me.

Huge ovation?  Not hardly.  I guess you were filtering out all of the BOOS.....