NCAAF

oldtimer

11 minutes ago, -js- said:

Absolutely.  Family has been burning up the phones since we found out earlier today. 

Fantastic!  What a great moment in that young man's life.  That picture will be a wall hanger for the rest of his life.

• Like 1

The SEC Championship game is at halftime.  Am I the only one who's bored?

I hope ESPN2 shows the bands.  There are two great bands out there, with Alabama getting my vote for best band in the playoffs, with Georgia getting the award for best tune, Georgia on My Mind.  That oughta bring the house down!

BIG Klipsch speakers are fantastic for reproducing the sound of 400 piece marching bands with featuring over 200 brass players.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Huge ovation?  Not hardly.  I guess you were filtering out all of the BOOS.....

You can only Resist so much 'Bo. I even commented to my wife my surprise with the cheers he received. I'm sure they were present but I couldn't hear any jeers through the TV. And played through Klipschs' best sound bar. 

I know - it hurts. 

41 minutes ago, -js- said:

My nephew,  2nd to POTUS left,  cadet commander of the UA Army ROTC detachment . Proud uncle!

26238833_1370739563051963_7649210193970098278_n.jpg

To Trump’s left (actually, not politically) or to the left in the photo?   Either way, very cool for your nephew.

• Like 2

Alabama has been plagued all year by their underperforming starting quarterback. That was magnified in the National Championship game tonight. Thank goodness someone wised up in the second half. No offense, no points (see first half). The backup quarterback won the National Championship for Alabama tonight, along with their defense.

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

Considering that statement  I was amazed I never heard a sound from the 60K+ Fans in attendance?! Good acoustics must have deadened the sound?! Or just head in the sand ?!

16 minutes ago, richieb said:

head in the sand

Yep, that would be it.

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

TV ratings up 9% over last year's championship game! 2nd most watched college football playoff game ever.

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-alabama-tv-ratings-increased-clemsons-win-alabama-2017-154652396.html

All 4 NFL playoff games see double digit drops in ratings

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2018/01/08/nfl-playoff-ratings-see-big-declines

• Like 1