NCAAF

oldtimer

My time of year. College football. Watching OSU-IU now. Ready for Alabama-Florida State Saturday. Baby sister has tickets to that one 7 rows behind Alabama bench. She doesn't love me enough to take me, she's taking her husband :rolleyes:

Favorite time of year for me. Love my Crimson Tide and SEC but enjoy all college football games. They play with so much heart in college. Ready to go to Tuscaloosa to watch some football in person. SEC games are the best to watch in person. Game day atmosphere has to be the greatest atmosphere in sports.

Roll Tide!

• Like 1

@Ceptorman. Well they do have Crimson as one of their team colors and I am from Indiana, so yeah I am a fan. I want them to do well. Love my Crimson Tide and SEC since I was a little guy, but I am pulling for IU.  

They have been so close in big games the last few years, I want them to bust thru and win a big one. Plus I dislike Urban Meyer (part of being an Alabama fanatic). 

IU's looking good right now. I'm pulling for them!

Just now, RTR said:

@Ceptorman. Well they do have Crimson as one of their team colors and I am from Indiana, so yeah I am a fan. I want them to do well. Love my Crimson Tide and SEC since I was a little guy, but I am pulling for IU.  

They have been so close in big games the last few years, I want them to bust thru and win a big one. Plus I dislike Urban Meyer (part of being an Alabama fanatic). 

IU's looking good right now. I'm pulling for them!

Yea they are playing well so far tonight. I'm not an OSU fan at all, I do like most other Big10 teams.

The SEC, and especially Alabama, has been dominant for a while. I think Bama would beat the Colts!

• Thanks 1

College football has become a guilty pleasure.  I love watching the games, but the specter of CTE causes the guilt in that pleasure.

As a Spartan fan, it will be easy to watch a team that has nowhere to go but up.  With few expectations, the pressure ought to be reduced.  Hopefully, some of MSU's opponents will focus on last year's 3-9 record and forget they're coached by the same man whose teams won 11, or more, games 5 of last 7 seasons, Big Ten Championships and  appeared in the CFP.

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea they are playing well so far tonight. I'm not an OSU fan at all, I do like most other Big10 teams.

The SEC, and especially Alabama, has been dominant for a while. I think Bama would beat the Colts!

Man, I'm really getting into this game. IU is not intimidated. Look relaxed. Playing good. Had a chance to go with some friends from work. Regretting the decision not to go now. Absolutely love game day atmosphere. Looks like a good time there.

I dont think the SEC will be dominant this year. I'm always nervous first game of the season. Ranking at the first of the year mean nothing. Too many players are lost to graduation and the NFL. I think that's another thing that makes college so interesting. You never know from year to year.

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Big game on Saturday versus Florida. They have a lot of their big games at home this year, so hopefully it will be a pretty good season. Hoping I can make it to the Air Force game on September 16 but we'll see…

The only college game I've ever been to was USC at Notre Dame about 37 years ago. It was an intense atmosphere.

I've been to two of them.  First one in 1969 as a 14 year old with my Dad, one of the biggest upsets in NCAA history.  Quite an indoctrination to Michigan stadium.....I've been to many other games there since.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Ohio_State_vs._Michigan_football_game

I'm serious, you really need to go.  Anyone who lives relatively close should go to at least one game there, no matter who you would normally root for.  It's worth every penny.  If you have an interest of going to any games next year (this year is all gone....), let me know, I have a good source for very excellent seats.

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

I've been to two of them.  First one in 1969 as a 14 year old with my Dad, one of the biggest upsets in NCAA history.  Quite an indoctrination to Michigan stadium.....I've been to many other games there since.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Ohio_State_vs._Michigan_football_game

I'm serious, you really need to go.  Anyone who lives relatively close should go to at least one game there, no matter who you would normally root for.  It's worth every penny.  If you have an interest of going to any games next year (this year is all gone....), let me know, I have a good source for very excellent seats.

I would love to go, thank you. Depending on who they're playing, I have always liked Michigan, even like MSU! Big10 fan.

Not many schools are considered powerhouses in multiple sports, long term, except for Michigan, sometimes OSU, occasionally Florida St, and a few others. 

That Wiki article was very good, painted an interesting picture. Schembechler vs Woody Hayes. Those schools have hated each other for a long time.