WOW! Difference between RP280F vs R28F

H2OuUp2

I was asked to let some of you know the difference once I got my new set up.  Well here is what I have found so far.

So, I don't have a complete matching set of Klipsch speakers yet (I am still mixing the RP and P lines).  I moved from a Onkyo TXNR-656 with Klipsch 250C center and R28F fronts.  I replaced the Onkyo with a Marantz SR6011 and Outlaw 7125 amp.  I replaced the 250C with a 450C and the fronts with RP280F, and moved the R28F to by back speakers.

I thought it might make a difference, but it was even greater than what I realized.  I don't know what the combination did, but now volume at 30 is louder than it was at 60, and much, much more clean.  I did add a second sub, and re-calibrated the system using Audyssey, and it seemed to do a very good job.

I don't know if I really needed all these changes, as I can't even get close to maxing the speakers without blowing me out sound wise.  .  Still there is no distortion at my preferred listening levels, or even above.

Music in stereo mode is amazing as well.  I know there are way more expensive speakers out there, but I'm happy with the RP line, and think they will serve me for a long time.

Unfortunately you changed too much at one time to comprehend the difference.  One thing at a time..;)

Listen to the two speakers without audyssey and just two channel mode.  I'd be real interested in the real difference between these two speakers.

None the less, glad you are enjoying.