So Long BS Forum

thebes

The suits at Klipsch Corp have stuck a stiletto into the super duper secret BS Forum.  A surgically sharp knife to cut out the remnants of the old Forum where dissenting views were sometimes reasoned, but more often sloppy but impassioned screeds to all things audio, and all things in general.  After all, a meeting place open to all, is often shocked when the "all" they were expecting not to show, did indeed put in an appearance.

I've loved this place for the ambience, the vibe, and the fact that we have a few adults running around educating audio idiots such as myself.

Kinda like when I came of age, ya know, the 60's.

We are now old doddering fools whom the suits have tolerated long enough. We've drawn the eyeballs, which can now be transitioned to the social media where the collective knowledge goes back about four replies.

Hell, PWK's has been turned into a marketing tool, no longer an inspiration to young engineers.  Kinda like a Albert Einstein t-shirt on some fat boy at a county fair.

Now don't get me wrong. I seldom posted in BS. It was a deliberately planned  diversion to suck off the rowdy, the malcontents, the thinkers,

and, sure, the malcontents, into an isolated venue where they could rant and rave without fear of polluting the minds of folks who came here seeking simple non-controversial answers to how to hook up their speakers etc.

So adios BS.  And if you are some young talent out there toiling away in the bowels of Klipsch Corp. a word of caution. Don't ever go into a meeting and if one of your seniors is spouting blither and blather, don't ever even think of flashing him your BS button. You'll be out on your ear.

Say anybody seen that Yorick fella?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Too bad you never posted there.

I said seldom, not never.

Could that be subtle dig, he wondered?

Would things have been safer and happier if I'd been co-opted into the BS Forum?

But if that had happened you would have never experienced the sheer joy of reading my scintillating thread in the Garage Section when I put The Family Jewels up for sale.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, thebes said:

It was a deliberately planned  diversion to suck off the rowdy, the malcontents, the thinkers,

Precisely.  To some extent, an retirement place for those who'd been here in the old days when the entire Forum was Dodge City and there was no sheriff and it worked very well...especially after making it open to all after 5k posts.  But like our country, law and order comes and there's no stopping it.

KGI is about business, and I have said and will state again here that their tolerance for that area, which I believe PWK would have spent a great deal of time in, went way beyond that of any other company.  I appreciate that.

Thebes, more PWK remains with KGI than you think...but PWK himself isn't there and unless those who knew him really imprint those who didn't with his spirit and legacy that will gradually change and the magic will be gone.  It is almost the rule with audio companies.  I really hope it doesn't happen here.

While I will be around here until they throw me out many of us have found a refuge on a desert Isle in a galaxy far, far away where there their is no law, the spirit of BS lives on.  

Dave

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Dave,

If it wasn't Friday night, and I hadn't  just put on a "BlackByrds" album, I'd have a more reasoned reply to your very honest and welcoming reply but, it's the BlackByrds" man!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thebes said:

If it wasn't Friday night, and I hadn't  just put on a "BlackByrds" album, I'd have a more reasoned reply to your very honest and welcoming reply but, it's the BlackByrds" man!!!!!!

Well, old friend, that was nice!  Bit of grieving for many of us oldtimers here at the passing of an era.  But we all came here for PWK and his legacy, and we will stay as long as any of that legacy remains.  It will last my time.  

Dave

Thinking seriously of a ride on that bus through the delta.  Lots of stale smoke and diesel smell, and some blues emanating from towards the rear as we plunge south.  "No Longer Indian Summer Blues" being strummed on an old Gibson...

Yeah, sounds good.  You, Mobile Homeless, Parrot...and other ephemeral beings all thinking a single thought in a variety of manifestations.    

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Is it as much fun as you hinted at before the project started.

Not remotely...but still worthwhile.  Working harder for less than ever, but it is satisfying and perhaps in 8 months or so will start to be the nirvana I'd expected.  

Dave

3 hours ago, Mallette said:

...but PWK himself isn't there

Never knew him, and I can see he is highly revered, especially with respect to his "no bullshit" image.  I wonder if he'd have come up with the idea to transfer to micro-speakers on his own, and if not, whether he would have led the company down this same path if the idea was presented to him.  When I learned of Klipsch in the early 1980's, I'd have never dreamed it would transition from giant speakers in cabinets, to ear buds.

Never knew the man either, but fell in love with his speakers back in the mid 70's, that sound was to die for, loved it, still love it.

I can absolutely connect with the stories of him flashing a No BS button. Design engineers are an interesting breed, highly intollerant of BS within their respective areas of expertise, calling a spade a spade is a way of life; And that is no BS.

As for BS Land, it was my vacation time, my escape from reality, that was reality; the reality is that not everyone see's eye to eye, but can ultimately get along, if you can take the same BS you dish out. Those that didn't survive, either couldn't take what they dished out, or simply didn't have time for BS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Chad locked this topic