So Long BS Forum

thebes

5 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Exactly! 

Sure. Don't click on the threads you aren't interested in. 

Good night gents. 

Then how would I experience different views? No, I refuse to watch the TV program; bloviating bovines.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

Really? I don't click on threads that say "So long NASCAR Driver." :wacko:

You meant "interest" in terms of being members of NoBS?

You don't want non-members to comment about NoBS being terminated?

If so, you need to take that up with Thebes for posting it in a public forum.  He posted in thr farwell thread in the NoBS section, he apparently wanted everyone to know and be able to comment on it.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, jwc said:

Exactly, this thread will spiral down to the level of the previous forum.   Why not just Nix it.

It has sort of been hovering level for awhile.

One positive is that people who didnt participate can get a rough idea, very rough, on how a thread would go in that other place.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Umm, no. My comment was about folks thinking this thread should be closed. Of course people can express themselves about the No BS section. 

This is what you said:

"Okay. I am really not trying to be argumentative and wish people who had no interest in this thread stop posting their opinion....That said, okay I may have misinterpreted  your quote and regardless I haven't changed. "

I was trying to figure out what you meant by people with "no interest" in the thread to "stop posting."  

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

It has sort of been hovering level for awhile.

One positive is that people who didnt participate can get a rough idea, very rough, on how a thread would go in that other place.

Right.  Many of "us" are just waiting for a juicy controversy we can argue about... one that doesn't involve politics or religion.  To quote someone [in]famous around here, "You're posting in it."  

The vehemence of disagreement is, itself, rattling to some people.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

A jucy controversy that doesn't allow for politics, religion, etc. and doesn't allow for personal attacks.

Hmmmm.  

Should disaster relief be the responsibly of the states and private charitable institutions? 

What regular members live in Florida and what can we do to help them?  (That is too uniting, would probably fail).

Does coach [ fill in the blank] know what he is doing.

I tell you what is missing from this thread...A parting comment from one of the most articulate and gifted writers/thinkers that I've ever had the privilege to debate-- @anarchist   Of course, it would also be appropriate for him not to post anything because one of the saddest days on the forum was when he decided to remove his own words. Ironically it seems the same ball rolled to remove the rest of our comments ...

Btw, I am not complaining and understand the reasoning for it being shut down. 

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I really think it exposes more how threads in this Lounge section progress....Not much 'trolling' behavior in the old BS forum. In other words, people didn't post in threads they had no interest.

6 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I was trying to figure out what you meant by people with "no interest" in the thread to "stop posting."  

Sorry for the confusion. Last night it seemed several people including you wanted to close this thread down and I was expressing my opinion on that point.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Right.  Many of "us" are just waiting for a juicy controversy we can argue about... one that doesn't involve politics or religion.  To quote someonearound here, "You're posting in it."  

Okay. :o Aw, man I was sorta likin' what you originally wrote because I never considered myself that, but it was fun, descriptive  imagery although  hope I never exhibited being rattled with what you expressed below.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

The vehemence of disagreement is, itself, rattling to some people

I agree some people didn't appreciate having to defend their views. On that note another "someonearound here," had the perfect line about how he enjoyed having his views "tempered by the fire," which either made them stronger or acquiesce...Of course, no one seemed to do the latter, but putting your thoughts in writing can be a challenge, especially if you know they are going to be challenged. 

17 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

A jucy controversy that doesn't allow for politics, religion, etc. and doesn't allow for personal attacks.

Hmmmm.  

Should disaster relief be the responsibly of the states and private charitable institutions? 

Ha! I almost made a similar comment but decided not to....Since you brought it up, I actually thought the danger of those threads would come about after the storm is over and people really start discussing who and how the damage done should be paid for and who the recipients would be...Then again, I also thought the thread on "Planned Parenthood," started in the main forum was going to get political and.....Wait. Not a good example. ^_^

• Chad locked this topic