So Long BS Forum

thebes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Sorry for the confusion. Last night it seemed several people including you wanted to close this thread down and I was expressing my opinion on that point.

It seemed to me that people wanted to talk about everything but NoBS  closing down.  I was just curious if anyone had anything else to say on it.  

Members of NoBS had about 3 days to talk about it in their own thread, now it is here, and even one or two formers have stated in here that the thread should be killed.

Is it because they think it looks like vultures hovering over a dead horse, or there isn't anything positive coming out, or everything has been said can be said, or maybe the next logical progression is to turn it personal and they want to head it off at the pass?

I don't know.

Just now, Deang said:

Isn't passionate disagreement the same as a personal attack?

No. Making a disparaging remark about a view is different than making one about a person. The great thing about the No BS section is that we could explore these disagreements further and bring up facts to bolster our argument. 

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

No.  We can argue over the merits of the parts in your crossovers without it being personal.  If I bring your momma into it, it becomes personal.

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

It seemed to me that people wanted to talk about everything but NoBS  closing down.  I was just curious if anyone had anything else to say on it.  

Members of NoBS had about 3 days to talk about it in their own thread, now it is here, and even one or two formers have stated in here that the thread should be killed.

Is it because they think it looks like vultures hovering over a dead horse, or there isn't anything positive coming out, or everything has been said can be said, or maybe the next logical progression is to turn it personal and they want to head it off at the pass?

I don't know.

All good points, but I agree with our mutual friend, Mallette. That said, when I thought the line was getting close admit I thought it was time, but was glad it was still open this morning. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Deang said:

No, and you have stated the precise difference in and earlier post, and I know from our face to face discussions that you are way smarter than that.

By the way I need to send you a PM to see you know of any good books or articles, scholarly, that refute the writings of Bart (I don't want to say his name because it reloves around a prohibited topic but I think you probably know the North Carolina professor I am speaking if).  I have looked and have not really found anything.

This thread is a good example - nothing in it violates the TOS, yet moderators are already sizing it up for termination based on whether or not it has any value. That just seems weird to me. I'm in rare agreement with Zen. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Deang said:

This thread is a good example - nothing in it violates the TOS, yet moderators are already sizing it up for termination based on whether or not it has any value. That just seems weird to me. I'm in rare agreement with Zen. 

I'm more interested in Bart and if there are any good sources out there that challenge his view of "history" because it relates to my own spirituality and, well, I'm more interrsted in me right now.

Hi Travis - like I said, the comment was somewhat tongue and cheek, but not without some validity. It made sense to shut down that section of the forum, but things really need to be relaxed a little on the main boards - 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Deang said:

Hi Travis - like I said, the comment was somewhat tongue and cheek, but not without some validity. It made sense to shut down that section of the forum, but things really need to be relaxed a little on the main boards - 

I know.  

Now help me with Bart please.

8 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I don't want to say his name because it reloves around a prohibited topic

Uh-oh....This is how it starts. :o

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

I know.  

Now help me with Bart please.

No, REALLY!!!! ^_^

Btw, not offended just love talking about those kinda things. 

• Chad locked this topic