So Long BS Forum

thebes

It was relevant concerning the subject and the various opinions of it. These will naturally arise from a difference of perspectives.  Locking a thread is a form of censorship, and nowhere did I mention it as a free speech issue (I used the term "freer").  I am well aware that doesn't apply here. 

31 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

1 hour ago, T2K said:

kettle.jpg

That does not look like it was made in USA, UK maybe?

I saw Keith's post first, thought I understood and was going to make a comment, then Travis threw this wonderful curveball and:

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Good because it should all be about  me.

It reminded me why any of us come to this forum but the part I enjoyed most were the little unexpected gems that came about when we knew each other but didn't always agree....

I actually was going to post something else and will come back later if the thread is around because.....It is all about Travis. ;) On that note I must get ready for work. Hope all of you going through withdrawals are having a good day. Thank god nothing's happening in The News.  {Emoticon omitted realizing I was one over for some folks considering this a serious post.} 

13 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

And the world didn't come to an end because you can't discuss this on the open forum.  Fascinating.

Wow your right, it didn't end.  

Son of a gun.  

Gun? :unsure: Jeez dude keep bringing up these political topics and all I have are memories! ;) 

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It was relevant concerning the subject and the various opinions of it.  Locking a thread is a form of censorship, and nowhere did I mention it as a free speech issue (I used the term "freer").  I am well aware that doesn't apply here. 

It isn't censorship either.

It is a prior restraint.  

• Moderators
Just now, oldtimer said:

Restraint and censor have related meanings.   Self restraint is a form of self censorship, is it not?

No, "censorship" has a unique and specific meaning.  

Self-restraint has more to do with living within the bounds of common decency that a "society" expects. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

So the goats are scared.  No wonder there is no milk.

I'm not doing the milking they don't like me touching their udders, so i just stick to the grazing and physical labor. Morgan is working on that portion, and getting them used to the milking stand, being manipulated, etc.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

In the legal sense.  Don't mistake my posts as being anywhere near a legal argument.  Semantically,  check it out:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/censoring

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/restraint

Exactly.  The lay meaning you quoted has a particular meaning.  A goverment entity that reviews material and determines the material violates a rule, code or statute.

I.e. the Censorship Board in WWII, the local and state censorship boards that banned books and films.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'm not doing the milking they don't like me touching their udders, so i just stick to the grazing and physical labor. Morgan is working on that portion, and getting them used to the milking stand, being manipulated, etc.

Are they all standing in one corner of the fence?

• Chad locked this topic