So Long BS Forum

thebes

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

No more BS section, now where will i go when i want to feel smart? :D

Paranoia rules, not surprised it finally showed up here. Imagine this isn’t the first time the forum has had to adapt to change.

You can always just PM Zen or Keith.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thebes said:

I've loved this place for the ambience, the vibe, and the fact that we have a few adults running around educating audio idiots such as myself.

Kinda like when I came of age, ya know, the 60's.

Me too, except the 60s part. It seems like I joined this forum like when I was a teenager. 

We are now old doddering fools whom the suits have tolerated long enough. We've drawn the eyeballs, which can now be transitioned to the social media where the collective knowledge goes back about four replies.

Yep. And don't forget the google.

Now don't get me wrong. I seldom posted in BS. It was a deliberately planned  diversion to suck off the rowdy, the malcontents, the thinkers,

and, sure, the malcontents, into an isolated venue where they could rant and rave without fear of polluting the minds of folks who came here seeking simple non-controversial answers to how to hook up their speakers etc.

So adios BS.  And if you are some young talent out there toiling away in the bowels of Klipsch Corp. a word of caution. Don't ever go into a meeting and if one of your seniors is spouting blither and blather, don't ever even think of flashing him your BS button. You'll be out on your ear.

Good advice and thanks for expressing your thoughts and allowing a thread for some of us to express ours. 

13 hours ago, richieb said:

I think it's easy to see there is still more than enough BS on the "regular" Forum to keep even the most jaded BS'er happy.

We'll see, As has been mentioned all of us rabble rousers have been warned (some more than others) that our kind won't be tolerated if we get out of control....

10 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I wonder if he'd have come up with the idea to transfer to micro-speakers on his own, and if not, whether he would have led the company down this same path if the idea was presented to him.

I think so.  He transited from K'horn to Heresy pretty quickly as he recognized that the market needed accurate, affordable speakers.  And supported the KG-2 program that made "compromise" K'horn concept even more affordable.  While I've not read any of his own later writings that specifically reference this, it's my belief that his counsel to his later designers was to "...know precisely which of the 8 Cardinal Points you are breaking and most important...WHY."  I can see this in the later designs while still under his leadership as each of the latter day designs he blessed...KG series, Forte, etc...follow this philosophy.

Dave

Strange.  BSM and ZT can't receive PMs.  Never ran into that before.  

Please email me at damallette@mallette.org and any others as well who might be interested in a BS refuge.  It is not my BBS and NOT an alternative to this Forum, just a free speech zone when you want to tell us "...how you REALLY feel." as the old BS motto was.  The admin of that place is a Klipsch Forum member and that will not change for him or most of us.  Still love this place but miss the "free speech zone" and still want to debate with my old friends.  

Dave

I should add that some of us know more about the discontinuance of the BS area than most...and fully understand and support the reasoning.  Those who know aren't mad at Klipsch at all.  Just sorry that the PC times finally caught up.   

Dave

47 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

Well now instead of the NBS forum, they can have a coloring book forum...or the cuddle the teddy bear hot cocoa forum. (with marshmallows)

Someone would just come on there explaining why they didn't like hot cocoa and complaining that no one else should be able to drink hot cocoa either.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, T2K said:

Someone would just come on there explaining why they didn't like hot cocoa and complaining that no one else should be able to drink hot cocoa either.

Nope. But keep the coloring book and cuddle the bear because some folks are going to need it given how the climate has changed....One of the interesting things that has been exposed is that personal responsibility has been trumped by political fervor and understand why Chad is discontinuing the BS Forum. 

I posted a few times, but really didn't have the time to spare. Browsing the internet can waste a lot of time, so it could have been another month before I noticed the BS section was gone. I appreciate Klipsch and all who do get involved on here, whether audio related or not.

Bruce

• Chad locked this topic