So Long BS Forum

thebes

3 minutes ago, Deang said:

I have a lot to say about this. Find me a place where I can say it. 

As long as it doesn't address politics or religion or race or sex or contain personal attacks, and you promise all of us a cup of cocoa afterwards, you can say it here.  I think.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I actually thought KGI mgmt. didn't know about the Forum and it was Chad who let it exist......No matter. Dead is Dead.

This is what I read into this from the closing BS thread. Thought it was a bit on the low profile end of it.

Not sure if any other reason exists but, rather enjoyed my relatively short time there. Found it to be very enlightening, and felt free to exercise my 

choice of words to reply to, or not to. Just another thing to pass along the road down Klipsch avenue. RIP...no one to blame here and thanks to all the enablers, and the fine discourse while alive.

Edited, Thanks OP!

• Like 1

• Moderators

My quote was a counter to someone else's comment and it seemed you took it out of context.

I did and see that now after your clarification.   My appologies.

you keep saying "as a group," but I expressed I wasn't comfortable with the personal attacks and wish there had been more guidance/moderation given insofar as 2 &3 below--Fwiw, I tried to do my part and got shot down.

That is precisely why I used the term "group."  As you have aptly pointed out elsewhere, it was not all, at not at all times.  

Yup. What I don't understand is why we as a group couldn't deter that kind of behavior....

Key point, stated way better than my feable attempts.  I think (total assumption on my part) that it carried over from the culture in the original BS section that lasted for several years.  

When individuals within the group raised a concern, my view as an outsider, was that there was significant pushback from the group. 

The point of all of this is that if there is no self-moderation, or outside moderation, in this forum the same result could happen.  I plan, in conjunction with my fellow moderators, to do what is reasonably necessary to prevent that from happening.

My preference would be to never have to do anything as a moderator.  Never have to remind people about off limit topics, never have to respond to violation reports, never have to referee personal disputes between two members and a whole host of other things that have to be dealt with. However, history tells me that it will be necessary from time to time, and whatever decision is made will not please all of the people all of the time.

I do known we will try our best.

The section morphed into a political/religious discussion area, but that wasn't what the section was originally set up for. Amy had a choice of banning half of those on the 2-channel forum, or banishing us to a place where we wouldn't "trigger" the rest of the forum. The section was set up to allow for the continuation of the intense discussions that had been taking place on the 2-channel forum. 

There was a time when attacking someone's idea or conclusions wasn't considered a personal attack. Not so anymore.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

When individuals within the group raised a concern, my view as an outsider, was that there was significant pushback from the group. 

You are correct. I'll stop beating a dead horse because my side lost and that group does have another playground to play--Now to find some hot chocolate and my coloring book....

17 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Life goes on and in a few months this will hardly be discussed.

17 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

tyrywq1kphnc8k2ub9py.gif

Indeed! 

• Chad locked this topic