Your First Three Cars

Ceptorman

50 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

That's called running the rich on the carbs. But they look pretty good. I've seen them blue and yellow half way down the pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did the same thing on the bikes with chrome pipes. If done right, Blue Job would clean my pipes very well. 

• Like 1

Omg you don't want to do that. They look great and it's the best was to tell that each cylinder is burning at the same temperature and helps with putting the right jets in your carbs and what plugs to use, or when a spark plug is going bad or if you have a to cold or hot plug in one of the cylinders . Most if not all air cooled inline 4 cylinder engines should use colder plugs on the two outside cylinders and the inside two should use a hotter plug. The outside cylinders get better cooling and so on. FYI. I am a ASE master tech for the last 37 years

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Omg you don't want to do that. They look great and it's the best was to tell that each cylinder is burning at the same temperature and helps with putting the right jets in your carbs and what plugs to use, or when a spark plug is going bad or if you have a to cold or hot plug in one of the cylinders . Most if not all air cooled inline 4 cylinder engines should use colder plugs on the two outside cylinders and the inside two should use a hotter plug. The outside cylinders get better cooling and so on. FYI. I am a ASE master tech for the last 37 years

I have black pipes on my FJ ^_^

And I could share a funny, to me, story about jets, plugs, a mountain of a man tow truck driver arguing with a HD rider who was making me late for a race at Road America. 

If you want, and rather than hijack this thread, let's meander over here

• Like 1

`73 Dodge Charger SE 400 Magnum                     

`76 Chevrolet Camaro 350 4 barrel "The Hugger"                                                                 

`87 Chevrolet S-10 Durango V-6                                             

10 mpg around town and to school and back... to 20+ mpg and working for a living.                        

Purposefully left out the liquor-cycle for a year after the DUI.

Edited by JohnJ
android phone can't format right
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 11:20 AM, Tasdom said:

1 - '74 Chevy Camaro

2 - '70 Chevy Camaro

3 - '70 1/2 Chevy Z-28 Camaro 

Still hurts trading in the Z-28 on Dodge Daytona Shelby Z model (My first new car)

The 1970 Z-28 is one of my favorite cars. It body lines were incredible, just a beautiful car.

8 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

My deepest apologies if I hijacked your thread

No need to apologize. I'm usually the one hijacking a thread about cars, bikes, snowmobiles, or racing :D

On 9/3/2017 at 11:20 AM, Tasdom said:

1 - '74 Chevy Camaro

2 - '70 Chevy Camaro

3 - '70 1/2 Chevy Z-28 Camaro 

Still hurts trading in the Z-28 on Dodge Daytona Shelby Z model (My first new car)

I apologize if I'm opening an old wound, but your post prompts me to ask two questions.  Are the Camaros listed in reverse order of ownership?  Whatever possessed you to go from  a Z/28 to a K-car; a very nice K-car, but still a fwd K-car?

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

• Like 1

1978 BMW 320I. Used, Ran until the tranny dropped out.

1984 Honda Accord Used, great car, ran until the frame started rotting away, getting dangerous.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport. New, totaled by some tool on the Long Island Expressway. Aaargh.

• Like 1