no bass

Kodi

Hi @Kodi welcome to the Klipsch Forum.

How experienced are you with speakers, AVR's and such?  Have you owned a sub before?  That will help us begin to help you troubleshoot.

Off the top of my head if you are using an AVR you have to tell it you have a sub or it won't send a signal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

It won't put out no bass?  If it is indeed brand new, you need to call Klipsch customer service first thing on Tuesday morning.

Double negative. It means always puts out bass. :P (couldn't help myself, sorry)

This is also my suggestion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

This is also my suggestion.

What's your suggestion, call tech support?  What next, read the manual I suppose.  :rolleyes:

With all the quality control in place, new Klipsch subs just "don't work."When Mr. @Kodichecks back in, well get that thing annoying the neighbors in short order.  

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

What's your suggestion, call tech support?  What next, read the manual I suppose.  :rolleyes:

My hope was "consult the manual" came before "ask the insane people who yell at television screens."

To be fair, Klipsch's QC...at least in my experience...on newer products is kind of ehhh...

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

With all the quality control in place, new Klipsch subs just "don't work."

Yea, and I'll bet there was a whole lot of wonderful "quality control" applied during the shipping process as well.  So, you really think that someone that purchases a large sub would have absolutely no idea of what they were doing, never bothered to read anything, and then they go to the trouble of making their very first post on this forum?  Doubt it.

9 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yea, and I'll bet there was a whole lot of wonderful "quality control" applied during the shipping process as well.  So, you really think that someone that purchases a large sub would have absolutely no idea of what they were doing, never bothered to read anything, and then they go to the trouble of making their very first post on this forum?  Doubt it.

I don't or am at least open to the possibility. 

9 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

So, you really think that someone that purchases a large sub would have absolutely no idea of what they were doing

I don't know, and I don't assume.

That's why I asked.  B)

+++

The OP gave very little info, actually no information at all in his opening thread other than "won't put out no bass."  He (I assume the OP is a "he") didn't even list the model of his "800 watt klipsch subwoofer (sp)" and if you re-read the single fragmented sentence he wrote, he's not asking for help, rather he is making a declarative statement.  I did assume he was asking for help getting his sub working because why else would he post here?  What would be his motive?

If he returns to his thread with more information I think we could help him troubleshoot.  Until then there's not much we can do.

• Like 1